Chriselle Lim’s Small Business Picks for Modern Moms
The lifestyle influencer shares a list of her favorite small businesses that sell must-haves for every mom
Capital One is proud to support #SmallUnites, a movement designed to rally communities across the country to champion the small businesses they love. Help small businesses thrive in the new normal by shopping this collection of thoughtful gifts for the holidays. You’ll do—and buy—more of what you enjoy, all while supporting the small business community.
For the Capital One series supporting Small Unites, we tapped Chriselle Lim, one of YouTube’s top fashion experts, to share her small business picks when shopping for the modern mom.
Lim started her career as a fashion stylist for big-name brands and celebrities before starting her blog, The Chriselle Factor, and her YouTube channel, which aims to inspire, educate and encourage women all over the world with her own personal style, trends, tips and musings. Also a mother, Lim is now sharing her list of small businesses that sell things that any modern mom would love.
Chriselle Lim’s Small Business Picks:
- Bees Wrap—Leftovers are every busy mom’s friend, but many worry about the impact of storing them in single-use plastics. Bees Wrap makes food wraps from ingredients you can feel good about. They’re reusable, compostable, and sold online and in stores around the world.
- BYCHARI—BYCHARI creates simple, beautiful jewelry. Lim has personalized name necklaces for both her daughters and appreciates that the brand is sustainably handmade in Los Angeles.
- KLUR.CO—Lim discovered KLUR.CO early in 2020 and has been obsessed ever since. She likes supporting a Black-owned business and says The Elements of Comfort body oil is her favorite thing to use after a shower to keep her skin feeling silky and soft.
- STHR Studios—STHR is a thoughtfully designed clothing company that puts quality ahead of quantity. Lim has loved the ethically produced, sustainable clothing pieces ever since she discovered them earlier this summer.
- Barefoot Books—This company creates visually captivating books that Lim says have been an amazing tool at home. Now her family’s morning and midday routines include Barefoot Books’ Mindful Kids deck. One of Lim’s daughters draws a card, and the whole family practices a mindful activity.
- BümoBrain—Lim is also the founder and CMO of Bümo, the first coworking center with fully licensed child care. She created BümoBrain, a virtual camp for children to continue their education and get the interaction they need during this pandemic. Lim says that as a working mother during this time, she was struggling with being present with her children while also pursuing her career. Bümo makes that easy.
For more ways to support small businesses, visit smallunites.org.
We hope you found this helpful. Our content is not intended to provide legal, investment or financial advice or to indicate that a particular Capital One product or service is available or right for you. For specific advice about your unique circumstances, consider talking with a qualified professional.
Capital One does not provide, endorse, or guarantee any third-party product, service, information, or recommendation listed above. The third parties listed are not affiliated with Capital One and are solely responsible for their products and services. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.