Investing in Your Future
Make your life all that you want it to be by building your future on financial investments that meet your goals.
Investing in your future
Investing is not just for the wealthy.
The truth is, if you’re contributing to a retirement plan or have purchased a home then you have already started investing to build wealth.
The best way to build wealth is to make your money work for you. Stocks, bonds and mutual funds are all common investments that can build wealth over the long-term.
What is the difference between saving and investing?
- Saving is setting aside a certain amount of your income over a period of time in order to accomplish a goal.
- Investing is a long-term activity accomplished by having your money make more money for you.
There are many good reasons. Investing helps you stay ahead of inflation, and meet long-term goals like buying a house or paying for college. Investing also helps you earn enough money to maintain a lifestyle you will enjoy in retirement.
Where do I start?
Today banks offer a wide range of financial services, including securities (stocks and bonds) sales. You can also buy investments from brokerage houses and mutual fund companies. Like banks, these institutions may offer a wide range of financial services, including savings and investment plans.
- Never invest in a product that you don’t understand.
- Be sure you have enough information before making an investment. Ask questions until you are satisfied.
- Understand the risks involved in your investment. Investments always entail some degree of risk.
- Know who is investing your money—does the salesperson work for the bank, or a third-party broker/dealer?
- Select a sales representative who understands your financial goals by interviewing two or three to compare experience, education, and professional background.
This site is for education purposes. The material provided on this site is not intended to provide legal, investment, or financial advice or to indicate the availability or suitability of any Capital One product or service to your unique circumstances. For specific advice about your unique circumstances, you may wish to consult a qualified professional.