Spend Early and Earn with Capital One Walmart Rewards Card
Earn a $50 bonus when you spend $300 on your Capital One Walmart Rewards Card after the first three months
October 29, 2020
Holiday shopping looks a bit different this year. Amid the coronavirus pandemic, major retailers are kicking off the season earlier than ever, offering big savings days far ahead of Black Friday to avoid large crowds in-store. According to a recent poll from the National Retail Federation, 59% of respondents plan to shift more of their shopping online compared with last year as safety remains a top priority.
While this year has undoubtedly forced us to alter our lives and confront new challenges, Capital One remains committed to change banking for good. That’s why the Capital One Walmart Rewards Card is bringing additional value to customers this holiday season.
“Last year, Capital One and Walmart introduced the Capital One Walmart Rewards Card to exemplify our shared passion for making customers’ lives easier and more rewarding,” said Kaitlin Haggerty, Head of the Walmart Partnership at Capital One. “This holiday season, we’re helping customers maximize their time and budget however they choose to shop - whether that’s online, in store or using one of Walmart’s convenient contact-free, Pick Up or Delivery options.”
Additional value to customers includes:
- New Limited-time Early Spend Bonus: Earn a $50 bonus after spending $300 on your holiday spending anywhere the card is accepted, in or out of store, in the first three months after approval. The early spend bonus is available to new applicants who apply in Walmart stores beginning November 1 through December 26, 2020, and those who apply online from November 17 through December 1, 2020, making it timely for holiday shopping
- Unlimited Cash Back on Holiday Purchases: From gifts to groceries and everything in between, cardholders can earn cash back on everything on their holiday list with the Capital One Walmart Rewards Card. Shoppers can apply for the card just in time for Deals for Days, Walmart’s revamped Black Friday shopping event series that kicks off November 4, where they can shop incredible savings on a range of products on Walmart.com, while earning 5% cash back.
- Cardholders earn 5% cash back at Walmart.com (including contact-free Pickup and Delivery)
- 2% cash back on Walmart in-store purchases
- 2% cash back on restaurants and travel, including food delivery
- 1% back everywhere else Mastercard is accepted
- 5% cash back on Walmart in-store purchases made using their card with WalmartPay for the first 12 months after approval
- Get the Most Out of Your Walmart+ Membership: Cardholders who pair their Capital One Walmart Rewards Card with their Walmart+ membership can maximize savings. Cardholders who are Walmart+ members will earn:
- 5% cash back on Free Unlimited Delivery orders
- 5% cash back on in-store purchases made using their card with Scan and Go in the Walmart app for the first 12 months after approval
- 2% cash back on fuel purchases at Walmart and Murphy USA Fuel Stations on top of the $0.05 per gallon fuel discount they receive through their Walmart+ membership.
“The Capital One Walmart Rewards Card is an easy, reliable partner in your wallet that rewards you for buying the things you need to keep your family’s busy life going,” said Pepper Evans, Vice President of Product Strategy and Marketing at Capital One. “You can shop with confidence knowing you earn rich rewards at Walmart and everywhere you shop this holiday season.”
For more information or to apply for the card, visit https://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/walmart-rewards/.
Note: $50 value awarded as 5,000 points once you have spent $300 on purchases within 3 months of account opening. Bonus may not be available for existing or previous account holders.