Rebecca Minkoff’s Small Business Picks: Woman-Built Brands
Having built her own fashion brand from scratch, the New York-based designer has a heart for other businesses started by women
Capital One is proud to support #SmallUnites, a movement designed to rally communities across the country to champion the small businesses they love. Help small businesses thrive in the new normal by shopping this collection of thoughtful gifts for the holidays. You’ll do—and buy—more of what you enjoy, all while supporting the small business community.
For this Capital One series supporting Small Unites, designer and entrepreneur Rebecca Minkoff shares some of her favorite brands run by women.
Minkoff was just 21 years old when she launched her business, which has now reached more than 900 countries and has flagship stores across the U.S. No stranger to hard work, she also firmly believes in the importance of paying it forward, a mindset that led her to found the Female Founder Collective, a network of businesses led by women, supporting women across multiple industries. From fashion sense to business savvy, she’s got it all in the bag.
Rebecca Minkoff’s Small Business Picks:
- Lively: Inspired by women with “wild hearts and boss brains,” Lively lingerie offers the gift of better bras and loungewear, Minkoff says. Lively products are perfect for lounging around the house or stuffing in a suitcase.
- Anser: Health should be accessible to everyone. That’s what motivated founder Tia Mowry to start this line of affordable vitamins and supplements. Minkoff goes to them for help feeling like a better, healthier human.
- The Great: Business partners Emily Current and Merritt Elliott aren’t just in it for the money. They’re best friends and champions of supportive female friendships. So it makes sense that their fashion line is perfect for cozying up by the fire with your BFF.
- Wander Beauty: Wander Beauty is committed to a simple idea: Fewer products means more time on your hands. They offer clean, globally sourced, skin-friendly makeup and skin care items for multitaskers. Minkoff can’t get enough of their Baggage Claim Eye Masks.
- The Honey Pot: Being a strong, successful woman starts with taking care of yourself, and these feminine products are made by women, for women.
- Pomp & Whimsy: Who doesn’t love a gin fizz around the holidays? Minkoff sure does, and she’s a big fan of Pomp & Whimsy’s aptly named “Mother Gin,” which is distilled with a select blend of 16 natural and whole botanicals, including juniper, coriander, grapefruit, orange, lychee, cucumber and jasmine pearls. Cheers!
- BYCHARI: Minkoff knows better than anyone how powerful appearances can be, and the handmade jewelry from BYCHARI is all about making a statement.
- Paloroma: Founded by two parents looking for products they could trust, Paloroma’s skincare line for kids will help maintain the skin’s natural elasticity and nourish dry, chapped areas. Their body washes and creams are a perfect pre-bedtime recipe that will leave little ones feeling refreshed, natural, and ready for a good night’s sleep.
For more ways to support small businesses, visit smallunites.org.
We hope you found this helpful. Our content is not intended to provide legal, investment or financial advice or to indicate that a particular Capital One product or service is available or right for you. For specific advice about your unique circumstances, consider talking with a qualified professional.