GRIT Fitness Small Business Picks: Self-Care Starter Pack
Invest in yourself—or the fitness lover in your life—this holiday season with gym owner Brit Rettig’s picks for self-care
Capital One is proud to support #SmallUnites, a movement designed to rally communities across the country to champion the small businesses they love. Help small businesses thrive in the new normal by shopping this collection of thoughtful gifts for the holidays. You’ll do—and buy—more of what you enjoy, all while supporting the small business community.
For Capital One’s series supporting Small Unites, we’re highlighting Dallas boutique gym owner Brit Rettig. Rettig believes that mental grit is the key to both fitness and living your best life.
At GRIT Fitness, Rettig uses tough physical exercise to teach her students to persevere through life’s greater challenges. GRIT Fitness was first featured in Capital One’s Profiles of Courage series, highlighting business owners who’ve been able to find innovative ways to adjust during the COVID-19 crisis. Rettig is also the author of her own fitness and lifestyle blog, GRIT by Brit, which has received national recognition from Self, POPSUGAR and Greatist.
GRIT Fitness Small Business Picks: Healthy Holidays
- Talking Out of Turn—Selfie Care Kits: Talking Out of Turn, or TOOT as they like to call themselves, is a Dallas-based, women-owned business born out of the desire to give people something outside of their usual day-to-day—whether it’s a saucy mug, colorful notebook paper or a laptop tote. Brit’s pick, the Selfie Care Kit, has a weighted eye mask and face roller, making it a perfect way to restore after an intense workout or a long day at work.
- Athletic Propulsion Labs—Women’s TechLoom Breeze: Los Angeles-based APL creates footwear for both luxury and performance with the goal of optimum comfort. The TechLoom Breeze running shoe, which now comes in pink, still has the same breathable material and strong support the company has built their reputation on.
- Society 6—Hey, girls! Yoga Mat: Society6 began as a way to provide an open platform for artists to share their art, feed off the talent of those around them and sell original designs printed on an array of products. Rettig loves how the “girl power” design of this yoga mat highlights a variety of body shapes and sees it as a reminder that you’re perfect exactly the way you are.
- POWERHANDZ—Power Pack Gift Set: POWERHANDZ is a women-owned company that enhances human performance through technology. Their Power Pack Gift Set has all the tools you need for a home workout and, in Rettig’s words, “beats the pants off any old bodyweight workout you can do.”
- GRIT Fitness—GRIT Fitness Virtual Membership: GRIT Fitness has tons of energetic livestream and on-demand home fitness classes, from yoga to dance cardio, HIIT and boxing. The classes are fun, and they fly by in no time. Choose from a library of over 500 videos and stay motivated with the close-knit “gritfam.” As an added bonus, you can work out with Rettig personally from the comfort of your own home.
For more ways to support small businesses, visit smallunites.org.
We hope you found this helpful. Our content is not intended to provide legal, investment or financial advice or to indicate that a particular Capital One product or service is available or right for you. For specific advice about your unique circumstances, consider talking with a qualified professional.
Capital One does not provide, endorse, or guarantee any third-party product, service, information, or recommendation listed above. The third parties listed are not affiliated with Capital One and are solely responsible for their products and services. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.