How to Redeem Capital One Rewards for Everyday Expenses
Making room in your budget? Find out how to redeem Capital One rewards you’ve earned to help cover the cost of everyday expenses
If your budget is tight, your Capital One rewards could make covering some everyday expenses more manageable.
Whether you’re earning cash back or miles, there’s more than one way to redeem your rewards. For example, redeeming for cash and covering recent purchases are just two ways rewards can help make room in your budget. But if you’re looking for new ways to use rewards, there may be options you haven’t considered.
Ways to Redeem Cash Back or Miles
- Redeem for cash. If you want to redeem your rewards for cash, Capital One will send you a check, or you can apply your rewards directly to your account as a statement credit.2 This option is best if you have a card that earns cash back rewards.
- Cover your purchases. You can apply your cash back to directly cover a recent purchase. And now you can redeem Venture and VentureOne miles for more than just travel-related expenses. From now until April 30, 2021, you can redeem your miles for eligible restaurant delivery, takeout and streaming service purchases.
- Get gift cards. You can redeem your rewards for gift cards to use at your favorite retailers.
- Use your rewards to shop at Amazon.com. Simply link your eligible card and pay using your miles or cash back rewards at Amazon.com.
- Use PayPal Pay with Rewards. Link your rewards card to PayPal and apply your miles or cash back on eligible purchases when you check out at millions of places online, like Target®, Apple® and The Home Depot®. It’s a great way to use your rewards at many of the spots you already shop.3
Want to make your money stretch even further? Check out Capital One Shopping. It’s a free, online shopping tool that instantly applies the internet’s best available coupon codes, checks for better prices and alerts you when items you’ve looked at drop in price.4
How to Redeem Rewards Online and on the Capital One Mobile App
Redeeming your Capital One rewards is easy. Just sign in to your account online or use the Capital One Mobile app. From there, you can select the amount you’d like to redeem and how you’d like to do it. It’s that simple.
You can redeem all your rewards at once if you want to. Or you can choose to redeem only some of your rewards. They’re yours whenever you need them. And once you’ve earned them, you can decide what makes the most sense for your budget. As long as your account is open and in good standing, how you redeem your rewards is up to you.
1Redemption rates vary and are subject to change without notice.
2Account credits lower your account balance but do not count toward your minimum monthly payment obligation.
3PayPal Pay with Rewards is available to eligible Venture, VentureOne, Quicksilver, QuicksilverOne, Savor, SavorOne, Spark Miles, Spark Miles Select, Spark Cash, Spark Cash Select, Spark Classic, and Journey Student account holders with accounts open and in good standing. Visit www.paypal.com/capitalone for additional details.
4Capital One Shopping is a free browser extension available to Capital One and non-Capital One card customers. Enrollment required. Savings and available coupons vary.
Capital One Shopping Credits are subject to terms and conditions that are available at capitaloneshopping.com and are separate from any rewards you may be earning on a Capital One rewards credit card. Signing up for Capital One Shopping does not enroll you into any credit card rewards program.
Government and private relief efforts vary by location and may have changed since this article was published. Consult a financial adviser or the relevant government agencies and private lenders for the most current information.
We hope you found this helpful. Our content is not intended to provide legal, investment or financial advice or to indicate that a particular Capital One product or service is available or right for you. For specific advice about your unique circumstances, consider talking with a qualified professional.