Capital One miles transfer partners
Learn more about transferring your miles to Capital One’s airline and hotel loyalty program partners.
October 3, 2023 5 min read
Jetting off to a new place soon? Or taking a road trip? With a Capital One travel rewards card, like Venture and Venture X, you’ll earn miles on every purchase you make. You can then use them in easy and flexible ways—for example, by booking trips through Capital One Travel or redeeming miles for recent travel purchases, including flights, hotels and rental cars.
Want even more options for redeeming your miles? Capital One’s travel rewards cards even let you transfer your miles to the loyalty programs of more than 15 travel partners.1 Read on for how it works.
Where can Capital One customers transfer their miles?
Capital One partners with airline and hotel loyalty programs to give you more options for using your miles.
How does that work? For example, you can transfer your Capital One miles into the points or miles of an eligible loyalty program, and then use the miles that you transferred toward a flight or hotel stay—or you can even upgrade your flight to business or first class.
It’s important to remember that all programs require a minimum of 1,000 Capital One miles to transfer. You’ll also need to register for an account with the loyalty program if you don’t already have one.
When it comes to transfer ratios, Capital One’s partners fall into three categories:
1:1 transfer ratio
When you transfer 1,000 Capital One miles to any of these transfer partners, you’ll receive 1,000 miles or points with the following travel loyalty programs:
- Aeromexico Club Premier
- Air Canada - Aeroplan®
- Cathay Pacific - Asia Miles
- Avianca LifeMiles
- British Airways Executive Club
- Choice Privileges®2
- Emirates Skywards
- Etihad Guest
- Finnair Plus
- Flying Blue
- Qantas Frequent Flyer
- Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer
- TAP Miles&Go
- Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles
- Virgin Red
- Wyndham Rewards
2:1.5 transfer ratio
When you transfer 1,000 Capital One miles to this transfer partner, you’ll receive 750 miles or points with its travel loyalty program:
- EVA Air - Infinity MileageLands
2:1 transfer ratio
When you transfer 1,000 Capital One miles to this transfer partner, you’ll receive 500 miles or points with its travel loyalty program:
- ALL - Accor Live Limitless
How to use miles with a Capital One transfer partner
To transfer your Capital One miles, you can follow these general steps:
- Sign in to your account on the Capital One website or through the Capital One Mobile app.
- Navigate to the rewards page and follow the prompts.
- Receive your confirmation code and save it for your records.
Important things to know about transferring your miles
What else should you know about transferring your miles? Capital One sometimes offers miles transfer bonus promotions to customers, so be sure to keep an eye out for those. That way, you could get even more value when you transfer your miles.
Here are some other key things to keep in mind when it comes to transferring your miles:
- The name of the travel loyalty program holder must match the name on your eligible Capital One account.
- Redemption rates may vary and are subject to change. Also, it may help to review your card’s account terms and disclosures as well as the terms of the loyalty program you’re transferring your miles to.
- Once you’ve transferred your Capital One miles, they can’t be transferred back to your Capital One rewards account. And they’ll be subject to the terms and conditions of the loyalty program you’ve chosen.
Other ways to redeem your miles
Using your miles with Capital One transfer partners is one way to redeem them. But there are lots more.
With any card in the Venture family, for example, you can redeem your miles for recent travel purchases, like flights and hotels, or you can book a trip through Capital One Travel. Plus, you can use your rewards to pay for Amazon.com purchases or eligible purchases at millions of online stores through PayPal.3
Venture cardholders also get two complimentary visits per year to Capital One Lounges or to 100+ airport lounge locations worldwide from the Partner Lounge Network.
The first Capital One Lounge opened at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport in 2021. Two more Lounges are planned to open soon—one at Denver International Airport and another at Washington Dulles International Airport outside Washington, D.C.
How to earn miles with a Capital One travel rewards card
You’ve read about how to redeem rewards with a Capital One travel rewards card. But how do you earn miles in the first place? That depends on which card you choose.
You’ll earn unlimited miles on every purchase you make with any card in the Venture family, which includes Venture and Venture X as well as VentureOne and VentureOne for Good Credit. You can book any airline, anytime, anywhere, with no seat restrictions or blackout dates. And your miles won’t expire for the life of the account.
With the Venture card, you’ll earn unlimited 5X miles on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel. And you’ll earn unlimited 2X miles on all other purchases.
With the Venture X card, you’ll earn unlimited 10X miles on hotels and rental cars and unlimited 5X miles on flights booked through Capital One Travel. And you’ll earn 2X miles on all other purchases.
Keep in mind that the Venture and Venture X cards both have an annual fee. View important rates and disclosures.
As with any credit card, it’s important to understand your options and consider picking a travel rewards card that fits your budget, goals and credit history.
Wherever you’re headed on your next trip—and whatever miles transfer partners you may choose—be sure to have a great time!
How to maximize your travel benefits
Who wouldn’t want to get the most out of their credit card? Here are some things to know about the perks that come with Capital One travel rewards credit cards:
- Get complimentary access to airport lounges and luxury amenities with the Capital One Venture X card.
- Earn unlimited 2X rewards miles, plus 75,000 bonus miles, and enjoy flexible redemption and transfer options with the Capital One Venture card and the Capital One Venture X card.
- Earn unlimited 1.25X miles with no annual fee with the Capital One Venture One card. View important rates and disclosures.
- Explore travel benefit card options by comparing Capital One travel rewards cards.
- Find out about flexible rewards, premium benefits, luxury perks and smart travel tools with this guide to all things Venture X.