Capital One miles transfer partners: A how-to guide
Learn more about transferring the miles you’ve earned to Capital One’s airline and hotel loyalty program partners.
February 8, 2024 5 min read
Jetting off to a new place or taking a road trip? With a Capital One travel rewards card, you’ll earn miles on every purchase you make. Then you can use those miles in flexible ways like transferring them to the loyalty programs of more than 15 Capital One transfer partners.1
Learn about how to redeem your miles with Capital One transfer partners. Plus, check out other ways to use your miles.
- You can earn Capital One miles with purchases you make using travel cards from Capital One, such as Venture and Venture X.
- You can then redeem your miles with the loyalty programs of Capital One transfer partners for flights, hotel stays and more.
- Other ways to use your miles include booking trips through Capital One Travel, redeeming your miles for recent travel purchases and more.
Capital One miles transfer partners
Check out this list of Capital One Venture transfer partners and Capital One Venture X transfer partners. You’ll also find specifics about the conversion ratio of your Capital One miles with each partner loyalty program.
Capital One airline and hotel transfer partners
When you transfer 1,000 Capital One miles to any of these transfer partners, you’ll receive 1,000 miles or points with the following travel loyalty programs:
- Aeromexico Club Premier
- Air Canada - Aeroplan®
- Cathay Pacific - Asia Miles
- Avianca LifeMiles
- British Airways Executive Club
- Choice Privileges®2
- Emirates Skywards
- Etihad Guest
- Finnair Plus
- Flying Blue
- Qantas Frequent Flyer
- Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer
- TAP Miles&Go
- Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles
- Virgin Red
- Wyndham Rewards
When you transfer 1,000 Capital One miles to this transfer partner, you’ll receive 750 miles:
- EVA Air (Infinity MileageLands)
When you transfer 1,000 Capital One miles to this transfer partner, you’ll receive 500 points:
- ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
How to transfer miles to Capital One partners
To redeem your miles with a Capital One transfer partner, follow these general steps:
- Sign in to your account online or through the Capital One Mobile app.
- Navigate to the credit card account with the miles you would like to transfer.
- Click View rewards, where you’ll be given options for using your rewards.
- Choose the option for converting your rewards to a Capital One miles transfer partner and follow the prompts.
- Receive your confirmation code and save it for your records.
Important things to know about a Capital One miles transfer
Some loyalty programs offer miles while others offer points. And your transferred Capital One miles will convert at one of three ratios, depending on the loyalty program.
Using 1,000 Capital One miles as an example, here’s how that breaks down:
- 1:1 ratio: 1,000 Capital One miles convert to 1,000 miles or points.
- 2:1.5 ratio: 1,000 Capital One miles convert to 750 miles or points.
- 2:1 ratio: 1,000 Capital One miles convert to 500 miles.
All loyalty programs require a minimum of 1,000 Capital One miles to transfer.
Here are some additional things you’ll need to be aware of:
- You’ll need to register for an account with a loyalty program ahead of time if you want to transfer your Capital One rewards miles.
- The name of the travel loyalty program holder must match the name on your eligible Capital One account.
- Redemption rates may vary and are subject to change. It may help to review your card’s account terms and disclosures as well as the terms of the loyalty program you’re transferring your miles to.
- Once you’ve transferred your Capital One miles, they can’t be transferred back to your Capital One rewards account. And they’ll be subject to the terms and conditions of the loyalty program you’ve chosen.
Other ways to redeem Capital One miles
Using your miles with Capital One transfer partners is one way to redeem them. But there are other ways to use them, including the option to:
- Book flights, hotels and rental cars with Capital One Travel. You can also use miles to get reimbursed for past travel purchases made elsewhere.
- Redeem your miles for recent travel purchases, including flights, hotels, cruises, ride-hailing services and tolls.
- Pay for Amazon.com purchases or eligible purchases at millions of online stores through PayPal.3
How to earn Capital One miles
You’ve read about how to redeem rewards with a Capital One travel rewards card. But how do you earn miles in the first place? Here are three examples:
- Use the Venture X card to earn unlimited double miles on every purchase. Plus, you’ll earn 10 miles per dollar on hotels and rental cars, and 5 miles per dollar on flights booked through Capital One Travel.
- Use the Venture card and earn unlimited double miles on every purchase. Plus, earn 5 miles per dollar on hotels and rental cars when you book through Capital One Travel.
- Use the VentureOne card to earn unlimited 1.25 miles per dollar on every purchase. You’ll also earn 5 miles per dollar on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel.
Keep in mind that Venture and Venture X cards have an annual fee. View important rates and disclosures.
Capital One miles transfer partners in a nutshell
Transferring your miles to a Capital One travel partner is easy. And it gives you another flexible way to make the most of your next trip.
If you don’t have a Capital One travel rewards credit card, you may want to consider one.
How to maximize your travel benefits
Who wouldn’t want to get the most out of their credit card? Here are some things to know about the perks that come with Capital One travel rewards credit cards:
- Get complimentary access to airport lounges and luxury amenities with the Capital One Venture X card.
- Earn unlimited 2X rewards miles, plus 75,000 bonus miles, and enjoy flexible redemption and transfer options with the Capital One Venture card and the Capital One Venture X card.
- Earn unlimited 1.25X miles with no annual fee with the Capital One Venture One card. View important rates and disclosures.
- Explore travel benefit card options by comparing Capital One travel rewards cards.
- Find out about flexible rewards, premium benefits, luxury perks and smart travel tools with this guide to all things Venture X.