All about the Capital One Venture card
October 26, 2023 1 min video
Your travel plans just got more rewarding. The Capital One Venture card lets you earn unlimited double miles per dollar on every purchase and 5 miles per dollar on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel. And with flexible redemption options, you choose how to use your rewards miles.
But that’s just the start. Discover all the ways that Venture can upgrade your travel experience.
- Venture cardholders earn unlimited double miles on every purchase and 5 miles per dollar on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel.
- New cardholders can earn 75,000 bonus miles by spending $4,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening.1
- Flexible redemption options allow cardholders to use rewards to cover travel purchases, transfer miles to loyalty programs, book trips through Capital One Travel, including Lifestyle Collection hotel stays, and more.2
- Enjoy perks and benefits like complimentary airport lounge access, credits for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck®, 24-hour travel assistance and more.
How does the Capital One Venture card work?
Venture makes earning and redeeming miles simple. Earn unlimited double miles on every purchase before, during and after your vacation. Plus, earn 5 miles per dollar on hotels and rental cars when you book through Capital One Travel.
There’s no limit on the miles you can earn. And miles don’t expire for the life of the account. Plus, you can earn 75,000 bonus miles by spending $4,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening.1
Capital One Venture card annual fee
Redeem miles your way
Venture makes earning and using your Capital One miles seamless. So when you’re ready for the vacation of a lifetime—or a family reunion or wedding pops up—you’re all set.
Here are a few ways to redeem your rewards miles:
- Cover travel purchases. Cover the cost of travel purchases made with your Venture card within 90 days of the purchase. This may include vacation rentals, car rentals, airlines, hotels and more.3
- Book through Capital One Travel. Feel confident you’re getting great prices on flights, hotels and rental cars when you use your miles to book through Capital One Travel. Capital One Travel predicts flight prices and alerts you when it’s the best time to book so you don’t overpay. Plus, Capital One Travel proactively adjusts hotel prices to guarantee they match or beat other travel sites, helping you save an average of 15% on flights.4
- Get gift cards. Redeem your miles for gift cards from merchants such as iTunes, Barnes & Noble, Best Buy and more.5
- Redeem for cash. Redeem your miles in the form of a statement credit or check. Plus, you can pay for Amazon.com purchases or apply them to eligible purchases at millions of online stores with PayPal Pay with Rewards.
- Redeem for exclusive tickets, event access and perks. Eligible cardholders can redeem miles for more than 500,000 events with Capital One Entertainment.6
- Transfer your miles. Transfer your miles to more than 15 travel loyalty programs. Or give them to a friend or loved one to help them book their next trip.2
The Lifestyle Collection lets eligible cardholders find and book stays at a curated selection of vibrant hotels around the world. Plus, cardholders can enjoy enriching benefits and industry-leading rewards on every stay.7
You don’t have to be a part of a hotel loyalty program to access VIP-level benefits. Just book through Capital One Travel to unlock:
- 5X miles per dollar on bookings
- A $50 experience credit to use toward things like rooftop drinks, signature restaurants, room service or other amenities unique to each stay
- Room upgrades, when available
- Early check-in, when available
- Late checkout, when available
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
Enjoy special dining and entertainment access
Capital One Dining
With Capital One Dining, it’s easy to find the perfect restaurant and book hard-to-get reservations. Capital One partnered with culinary leaders, including Chef José Andrés, the MICHELIN Guide and the James Beard Foundation, to curate a unique collection of restaurants with exclusive reservations set aside just for cardholders.
And hard-to-get reservations are just the beginning. Cardholders also get access to special chef collaborations and dining events.8
Capital One Entertainment
With Capital One Entertainment, cardholders get access to a digital-first ticketing platform offering more than 500,000 unforgettable experiences across sports, music, dining and more.6 A few highlights include:
- March Madness tickets
- VIP packages for the Capital One Orange Bowl and College Football Playoff
- iHeartRadio concerts
- Exclusive theater events and tickets for Broadway shows
- Taste America® events by the James Beard Foundation
More Capital One Venture card travel perks
Capital One Venture cardholders can access even more perks that help make travel smooth and comfortable.
Capital One Lounge & Partner Lounge Network access
Every Capital One Lounge is a modern airport oasis where you’ll find fresh, local food and beverages and luxury amenities to help you relax and recharge before your flight. The Lounges at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) and Dulles International Airport (IAD) are open now. And another coming soon to Denver International Airport (DEN).9
Foreign transaction fees
Global Entry or TSA PreCheck credit
Keep your shoes on, and avoid long lines. Receive up to $100 credit for either Global Entry or TSA PreCheck when you pay for the application fee with your Venture card.10
24-hour travel assistance services
Travel with peace of mind. If your Venture card is lost or stolen, you’ll get an emergency replacement card and a cash advance.11
Auto rental collision damage waiver
Keep moving. Rent an eligible vehicle with your Venture card, and you could be covered for damage due to collision or theft. Learn more about car rental insurance.11
Travel accident insurance
Travel insurance can help protect you financially in case of a vacation gone wrong. With Venture, get automatic insurance for a covered loss at no extra charge when you use your Venture card to purchase your travel fare.11
Get additional warranty protection at no charge on eligible items purchased with your Venture card.11
Account management from Capital One
Capital One makes managing your account and keeping an eye on your money easy—whether you’re at home or on the go.
Capital One Mobile app
With the Capital One Mobile app, you can manage your account anywhere, anytime. The app makes it easy for eligible cardholders to keep tabs on where their money is going.
Eno, your Capital One assistant
Eno sends useful insights and notifications about your credit card accounts, including Venture. Eno monitors your account around the clock, reaches out if something unusual is spotted and helps you fix it. Eno also provides answers to your account questions online, on the app or over text.
24/7 customer service
Customer service representatives are available to assist you 24 hours a day.
Stay on top of your spending and payments by setting up your own push, email and text alerts. Plus, track your spending and help protect your account with instant purchase notifications.
Pick your monthly due date and payment method—check, online or at a local branch—all with no fee.
Set up AutoPay for your account to help avoid missing a payment.
CreditWise from Capital One
Looking for an easy way to monitor your credit? Check out CreditWise. You can access your TransUnion® credit report and VantageScore 3.0 credit score without hurting your score. And it’s free for everyone, not just Capital One cardholders.
CreditWise also scans the dark web for your personal information, like Social Security numbers or compromised email addresses, and sends you an alert if anything is detected.12
Capital One security features
Capital One credit cards come with features that can help you protect yourself from fraud.
$0 liability for unauthorized charges
If your card is lost or stolen, you will not be responsible for charges you did not authorize.13
Effortlessly lock your card with a few taps if it has been misplaced, lost or stolen.14
Get notified via text, email and phone if Capital One notices potentially suspicious activity on your account. Sign in to your account to add your mobile number.
Your virtual card acts like a stand-in for your physical card when you shop online. And it will continue to work even if your physical card is lost or stolen. Virtual cards let you easily pay online without reaching for your wallet—all while protecting your physical card number from being exposed.15
Capital One Venture cards in a nutshell
Ready for your next adventure? See if you’re pre-approved or apply for a Venture card today and start earning unlimited double miles per dollar on every purchase. And remember, new cardholders can earn 75,000 bonus miles by spending $4,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening.1
Want to check out more travel rewards cards from Capital One? Compare travel cards to find one that’s right for you.