If you want to add or change beneficiary(ies) on your savings account(s) or checking account(s), follow these steps:
- Sign in to capitalone.com and select the Capital One bank account you want to manage beneficiaries for.
- Select the "Account Services & Settings" menu and then choose "Manage Beneficiaries" in the "Account Management" section.
- Add, edit or remove beneficiaries as necessary from each of your accounts. Customers residing in the states of New York or Louisiana can view existing beneficiaries, but must submit a notarized form to make any changes.
- Download this form.
- You can type in your beneficiary(ies)' personal information before printing the form (preferred) or handwrite all information.
- Complete all sections of the form in entirety, ensuring handwriting is clear and legible.
- Take the form to a Notary to obtain a notarized signature. If you are a resident of Louisiana, you will also need two witness signatures.
- Once the form is complete and notarized, fax the document to us at (888) 464-3220 or mail it to PO Box 60 St Cloud, MN 56302-0060.
- You’ll receive a notification when your requested change(s) have been successfully applied.