Make sure it's not fraud - If a transaction on your bank account doesn't look quite right and you confirmed it wasn't made by you or another authorized user on your account—contact us immediately by calling 1-888-464-0727. Here are some common situations where a transaction can be disputed:
- You canceled a service and you’re still being charged for it.
- You made a purchase, but the amount on your statement is wrong or you were charged twice.
- Service or merchandise was not as described.
- You never or only partially received the product or service.
Once you have confirmed it’s not fraud - Make sure the transaction has posted to your account. Capital One can't help you with a transaction that is pending. The easiest way to do this is online. If you don't have online access, you can easily enroll on our Online Banking page.
If the transaction was authorized but you have a concern with the service or product, you can try to resolve your dispute directly with the merchant. If you’re unable to resolve things with the merchant, you can give us a call at 1-866-536-9023 from 8am - 11pm ET Monday-Friday or 8am - 6pm ET Saturday. To complete online:
- Sign in at capitalone.com.
- Click on the account the transaction occurred in.
- Click on the transaction you want to report.
- Click on “Report A Problem” to start the dispute process.
Please Note: If you are trying to dispute a non-merchant transaction (like a bill payment to an individual or a transfer) please give us a call.