Your Security Matters to Us
Use these free resources to help protect your accounts
At Capital One, we take your security very seriously. That’s why we offer products and services like CreditWise® and purchase notifications to help you protect your credit.
One of the best ways to be proactive about monitoring your credit is to enroll in a free service, like CreditWise® from Capital One.
You don’t need to be a Capital One customer to enroll—and CreditWise gives you free access to your credit score and your TransUnion® credit report, both of which are updated weekly. This handy tool also gives you the ability to see if new accounts are opened in your name and monitor suspicious activity.
Take a few minutes and sign up for purchase notifications through the Capital One Mobile App. These handy push notifications will let you know every time a purchase is made with your card. Getting more notifications might sound like a burden, but try it—you’ll be pleased with the results:
- You’ll get a push notification when your card has been used
- If you made the purchase, then you’re all set—and you can just check to ensure that you were charged the right amount
- If you didn’t make the charge, we can help you take steps to shut down the card and get a new one
Best of all, getting started is easy, just follow these quick steps from within the Capital One Mobile App:
Go into your settings (Click the picture icon or the profile picture you loaded in your home screen)
- Click on “Alerts & Notifications”
- Select the card you want to set up alerts for
- Click on “Transaction made above $_”
- Select your communication preference: push notifications, email or SMS
- Choose a desired dollar amount minimum (Note: choosing $1 is great for tracking most all purchases)
- Click “Save,” and you’re all set!
By taking these steps now, you’ll be off to a great start when it comes to protecting your accounts.
We hope that you found this helpful. Our content is not intended to provide legal, investment, or financial advice or to indicate the Capital One product or service is available or right for you. For specific advice about your unique circumstances, consider talking with a qualified professional.