Step 1. External Account
You can link your checking or savings account to an account you have at another bank. Doing so lets you easily transfer funds between your accounts.
Learn how to link an external account online.
Step 2. Mobile Deposit
Deposit a check from anywhere in the U.S. and U.S. territories with Mobile Deposit. Follow these steps on our mobile app to snap a picture of your check:
- Go to the Capital One Mobile app and select your account.
- Click on “deposit” next to the camera icon.
- Take photos of the front and back of your check (please write "for Capital One mobile deposit" and sign your name on the back of the check prior to taking your picture).
- Follow the prompts to fill out the deposit amount and, if you’d like, a memo.
- Slide your finger across the green button to complete your deposit.
Step 3. ATM Deposit
If you live near a Capital One Café or Capital One Bank location, you can make a check deposit at the ATM at that location. Find out if there’s one near you.
Step 4. Direct Deposit
You can set up direct deposit by giving your Capital One account number and routing number to your employer. You can find that information either:
- In the app: Sign in and select your bank account. Scroll down to “account Info” and select “show more.”
- Online: Sign in and select your bank account. Click on “view details” underneath the name of your account in the top left corner
You can also set up direct deposit by printing out our blank direct deposit form, filling in your information and giving it to your employer.
Step 5. Make a transfer
Visit our tansfers page to learn more about making a transfer.
For more information about how long it takes for money to move in and out of your account, please visit the funds availability page.