10 Tips for Investing
- Invest to meet your long-term financial goals.
- Buy investments that help you earn money in the future. Research an investment carefully. Know the risks.
- Use the Rule of 72 before investing. Divide 72 by the annual interest rate of the investment. The answer is the number of years it will take to double your money.
- Stay away from gambling and risky business startups.
- Learn more about the investment before you buy.
- Get a copy of the prospectus of the investment you’re considering. Read it.
- Consider an IRA (Individual Retirement Account) as a long-term investment.
- Create a diversified portfolio of your investments.
- Talk about investing with others. What works for them? Why?
- Expect investments to go up and down. Focus on the long-term, not the short-term.
Find more tips at www.bankit.com.
Copyright © 2010 by Capital One and Search Institute. For more information, visit www.bankit.com. Capital One® and Search Institute® are federally registered service marks. Bank ItSM service mark is pending. All rights reserved.
This site is for education purposes. The material provided on this site is not intended to provide legal, investment, or financial advice or to indicate the availability or suitability of any Capital One product or service to your unique circumstances. For specific advice about your unique circumstances, you may wish to consult a qualified professional.