10 Tips for Spending
- Look at the major ways you spend money. Which method helps you not to overspend?
- Talk to family members and friends about how to spend well.
- Keep a personal spending diary. Write down how much you spend every day.
- Know the sales tax rate for your area.
- Develop a spending plan and a budget.
- Track your spending by categories (such as rent, transportation, and groceries).
- Notice how other people affect your spending.
- Do comparison shopping and don’t buy on impulse.
- Get information about a product or service before you buy.
- Buy what you “need,” not just what you “want.”
Find more tips at www.bankit.com.
Copyright © 2010 by Capital One and Search Institute. For more information, visit www.bankit.com. Capital One® and Search Institute® are federally registered service marks. Bank ItSM service mark is pending. All rights reserved.
This site is for education purposes. The material provided on this site is not intended to provide legal, investment, or financial advice or to indicate the availability or suitability of any Capital One product or service to your unique circumstances. For specific advice about your unique circumstances, you may wish to consult a qualified professional.
Source: North American Technographics Financial Services Online Survey, Q2 2008, Forrester Research, Inc., Survey Base: 3,581 US Online Respondents currently using online money management tools and those not currently using them but are interested in using them.