We know it’s hard trying to remember your account numbers and telling your accounts apart, which is why we give the option of giving your account a nickname.
Choose a name that you’ll easily recognize and then you’ll see that nickname next to your account wherever it appears. So, for example, if you’re setting up a separate account to save for a vacation, you could nickname the account Vacation.
To give your account a new nickname or modify an existing one, follow these steps:
- Sign in to capitalone.com
- Click on your name in the upper right hand corner.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on the pencil icon for the account you want to give the nickname to.
- Enter a nickname for your account in the Nickname field.
- Click on Save to save your nickname.