Whitney Port’s Small Business Picks: Everyday Favorites
Shop Whitney Port’s list of small businesses with gifts you can give to anyone you love—even yourself
Capital One is proud to support #SmallUnites, a movement designed to rally communities across the country to champion the small businesses they love. Help small businesses thrive in the new normal by shopping this collection of thoughtful gifts for the holidays. You’ll do—and buy—more of what you enjoy, all while supporting the small business community.
From fashion to beauty and even #MomLife, Whitney Port’s list is a one-stop shop for anything you need to buy this holiday season, all while supporting small businesses.
Whitney Port’s Small Business Picks:
- A Sister Brand: Tie-dye is a staple in Port’s closet. A Sister Brand specializes in just that. Plus, it’s owned by three sisters who are donating a portion of their proceeds to those most marginalized during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- BümoBrain: BümoBrain offers online pre-K and kindergarten classes for kids aged 2 to 6. Port says it was a great educational tool during quarantine before her son, Sonny, went back to school. BümoBrain’s enrichment classes, daily activities and videos focus on creativity, critical thinking and exploration. (BümoBrain was founded by Chriselle Lim, who is also participating in this series—check out her small business picks too!)
- Paper Art Co.: Port loves Paper Art Co., and not just because it’s her sister’s company. Ashley Port started her business to make the act of giving gifts even more personal. The details in her custom wrapping look so good, people might be tempted to leave their gifts wrapped. But Ashley’s motto is “Rip it open.”
- Favor: Favor sources its line of handmade accessories and home goods from artists and makers all over the world. The business has teamed up with Port for her new line of candles that are each inspired by and named for a place close to Port’s heart.
- Boulder Clean: Boulder Clean makes “impressively powerful cleaners for a safer home and planet.” Its line includes general cleaning, laundry and dishwashing products. Port appreciates Boulder Clean’s products, especially now that she’s a mom, because she feels they’re “safe.”
- Lisa Says Gah: Lisa Says Gah was founded after Lisa Bühler wanted to share her love of saying “gah” to everyone. But what’s “gah”? Lisa says it’s anything you want it to be. For her, it’s the powerful feeling of “I’ve GOT to have it.” So the company makes sure everything it sells makes people say “gah.” Port says this is one of her go-to brands for fun, unique fashion. And because everything is locally designed and ethically made, she feels good about shopping here.
- Sophie Buhai: Sophie Buhai is a Los Angeles-based designer focusing on solid sterling silver jewelry handmade by master artisans using recycled metal to minimize environmental impact. Port says Sophie Buhai makes her favorite earrings and calls them a classic, chic and simple staple for any jewelry collection.
- Ahida Correale Designs: Port’s favorite masks have all come from Ahida Correale. She says the customizable monograms are so adorable that they actually make wearing a mask fun.
- ZZIEE Ceramics: Elizabeth Eisenstein, the artist behind ZZIEE Ceramics, says she’s inspired by the work of both master artists and first graders. Recently, Port teamed up with ZZIEE Ceramics for her line of candles with In Favor Of. Port says the candles are beautiful and something that she’ll cherish forever.
For more ways to support small businesses, visit smallunites.org.
Government and private relief efforts vary by location and may have changed since this article was published. Consult a financial adviser or the relevant government agencies and private lenders for the most current information.
We hope you found this helpful. Our content is not intended to provide legal, investment or financial advice or to indicate that a particular Capital One product or service is available or right for you. For specific advice about your unique circumstances, consider talking with a qualified professional.