Jessi Malay’s Small Business Picks for Stylish Living
Singer and lifestyle influencer Jessi Malay shares her favorite small businesses that keep her fashionable
Capital One is proud to support #SmallUnites, a movement designed to rally communities across the country to champion the small businesses they love. Help small businesses thrive in the new normal by shopping this collection of thoughtful gifts for the holidays. You’ll do—and buy—more of what you enjoy, all while supporting the small business community.
For this Capital One series supporting Small Unites, singer and lifestyle/beauty influencer Jessi Malay is showing off a list of small businesses that influence her style.
Malay’s been entertaining since she was a teenager, turning her career as a singer into internet stardom and influencing in categories ranging from motherhood to food, fashion and lifestyle. So where does she turn to keep herself on the cutting edge of what’s cool? Here’s her list.
Jessi Malay’s Small Business Picks:
- Locks and Trinkets: Run by blogger and mother Enocha Tellus, Locks and Trinkets sells vintage, upcycled clothing and handmade accessories. Malay finds inspiration in the way Tellus styles herself and loves the eclectic, international curation of all the vintage pieces that you won’t find anywhere else.
- Jitana: This is Malay’s favorite destination for unique home accessories that make your house feel like a chic vacation home. Jitana’s earthy textures and nude-and-white color scheme are the reasons it’s become Malay’s go-to spot anytime she’s looking for a pillow or vase to liven up a room.
- Erth Swim: Erth Swim makes timeless, flattering swimwear—from fishing nets. But you’d never guess. This company was made for women by women with two goals: complementing the female form and saving the ocean at the same time. Malay calls The Diver the most comfortable and flattering swimsuit she’s ever worn on the beach.
- Saie: Saie was founded by beauty experts who wanted to make products that are good for both people and the planet, without sacrificing performance. Malay’s favorite product is their tinted SPF 35 moisturizer that she wears daily to help protect her skin while looking gorgeous and natural.
- BUMPSUIT: There’s nothing easy about pregnancy. That’s why BUMPSUIT was created. Malay calls BUMPSUIT’s clothes absolutely the most comfortable to wear with a baby inside you—while still looking chic. They’re even comfortable enough to sleep in, and most of the items are breastfeeding-friendly.
- Elissa Barber: Mother and artist Elissa Barber creates simple, elegant single-line drawings and ceramics exploring themes of beauty. Malay loves the way Barber’s work highlights femininity and uses it to give her home that nice final touch.
- The Little Market: Also known as Malay’s favorite destination to shop for a cause, The Little Market is a nonprofit, fair-trade shop selling ethically sourced, artisan-made products. Malay has found some of her favorite candles and dinnerware here and loves that the products are made by women in underserved communities.
For more ways to support small businesses, visit smallunites.org.
Government and private relief efforts vary by location and may have changed since this article was published. Consult a financial adviser or the relevant government agencies and private lenders for the most current information.
Unless noted otherwise in this post, Capital One is not affiliated with, nor is it endorsed by, any of the companies mentioned. All trademarks and other intellectual property used or displayed are the ownership of their respective owners. This article is © 2018 Capital One.