Calling all foodies: Here’s the dish on Capital One Dining
It gives rewards cardholders access to hard-to-get tables at award-winning restaurants, plus unforgettable culinary experiences.
March 24, 2022 6 min read
Good news, foodies: Capital One is offering unforgettable dining experiences in select cities with Capital One Dining. Curated with celebrated Chef José Andrés alongside the MICHELIN Guide and James Beard Foundation, Capital One Dining gives cardholders access to tables at a collection of restaurants hand-picked by industry experts. And it gives you access to exclusive culinary events, too.
Think of Capital One Dining as your go-to for great experiences to share with family and friends—whether you’re having your favorite meal at a local spot or discovering an acclaimed restaurant while you’re traveling. Read on for everything Capital One Dining offers—and how you can get started in just a few taps.
World-class culinary partners
How do you create a program filled with amazing culinary experiences from the ground up? You team up with extraordinary partners across the industry, starting with world-renowned Chef José Andrés.
José Andrés is a chef, humanitarian and bestselling author. He’s twice been on TIME’s “100 Most Influential People” list, was named “Humanitarian of the Year” by the James Beard Foundation in 2018 and has earned four MICHELIN stars.
In addition to lots of other benefits, Capital One Dining includes these featuring Chef Andrés:
- José Andrés’ picks: Ready for restaurant picks from Chef Andrés? Check out his list of beloved favorites and book a reservation in just a few taps.
- Access to José’s ThinkFoodGroup restaurants: Excited to try new cuisine? Get access to reservations at ThinkFoodGroup restaurants, the company behind Chef Andrés’ own eateries.
- Special dining events: Want to be part of exclusive dining events? Be on the lookout for special events with Chef Andrés and ThinkFoodGroup.
Chef Andrés led the curation of the Capital One Dining experience—and he isn’t the only high-profile culinary collaborator. The MICHELIN Guide, a leading authority on the international dining scene, is another.
So is the James Beard Foundation, which has championed and advanced the culinary arts for more than 30 years.
Capital One Dining features reservations at more than 350 restaurants across 11 U.S. cities. They include some favorites like these:
- Odo: Indulge in a nine-course kaiseki, or traditional Japanese dinner, at Odo in New York’s Flatiron District. You’ll get an up-close view of celebrated Chef Hiroki Odo’s vision for culinary innovation and cultural exchange in this sophisticated speakeasy, which holds just 14 seats.
- minibar: A two-MICHELIN-starred restaurant in the Penn Quarter of Washington, D.C., minibar is a study in avant-garde cooking, where each bite is designed to thrill the senses by pushing the limits of what diners expect—and what is possible—from food.
- Virtue Restaurant & Bar: Find Southern comfort food right in the heart of Chicago’s Hyde Park neighborhood at Virtue Restaurant & Bar. Owner and Chef Erick Williams leads with a culture of hospitality and kindness, using heritage techniques to craft familiar cuisine with exciting new flavors.
- Itamae: Savor citrusy ceviche, sushi, poke bowls and more at Itamae. Located in Miami’s Design District, Chefs Valerie, Nando and Fernando Chang create Nikkei-inspired dishes rooted in Peruvian-Japanese flavors, while also celebrating local and seasonal ingredients.
- Quince: Enjoy exquisite farm-to-table fare at Quince, an award-winning restaurant in San Francisco’s Jackson Square. Serving Italian-influenced California cuisine, Quince’s tasting menu changes nightly and showcases Chef Michael Tusk’s exclusive partnership with Fresh Run Farm in Northern California.
Special culinary events
With Capital One Dining, getting access to hard-to-get reservations is just the beginning.
You’ll also have access to special chef collaborations, dining events and major food festivals. They could include experiences like these:
- Taste America® by the James Beard Foundation: Popping up across the country, each event includes a menu created by local chefs and paired with wine and spirits.1
- MICHELIN Guide and Capital One Destination Dining Series: Past events have featured chefs from MICHELIN-starred restaurants collaborating on travel-inspired menus.
- South Beach Wine and Food Festival: A star-studded, four-day celebration of food featuring intimate dinners, hands-on classes and more.
Be sure to check Capital One Dining often for details about these events and more.
Easy reservations in just a few taps
So, exactly how does Capital One Dining work for rewards cardholders? It’s simple.
With just a few taps, eligible cardholders can do all kinds of things, like:
- Discover new restaurants: Browse restaurant recommendations from our world-class dining partners, and view accolades like MICHELIN Guide distinctions and James Beard Foundation recognition.
- Reserve a table: Book a table while you’re on the go using the Capital One Mobile app, or from your desktop. You’ll get email notifications when your reservation is confirmed, changed and more. Plus, you’ll get reminders about your upcoming reservations.
- Personalize your profile: Add details like dietary preferences and special notes to your profile, and they’ll be sent automatically to restaurants when you make reservations.
Who has access to Capital One Dining?
Eligible Capital One rewards cardholders have access to Capital One Dining.
Not already a cardholder? You might want to consider an eligible Capital One rewards card so you can enjoy Capital One Dining, too.
These are just a few of the rewards cards that give cardholders access to Capital One Dining:
- Savor: which gives you unlimited 4% cash back on dining, entertainment and popular streaming services, 3% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases.2 Plus, you’ll earn 8% cash back on Capital One Entertainment purchases.3
- Venture X: Earn unlimited 10X miles on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel and 5X miles on flights booked through Capital One Travel. And earn unlimited 10X miles on luxury hotels and resorts from the Premier Collection. Plus, you’ll earn unlimited 2X miles on all other purchases, like dining out.
- Venture: Earn unlimited 5X miles on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel, plus unlimited 2X miles on all other purchases.
- Spark Cash Plus: Gives business owners unlimited 2% cash back on purchases, purchasing power that adapts to their business, cash bonuses and more.4
If you’re thinking a Capital One rewards card is right for you, check out the entire rewards-card family.
Your go-to for good times and great food
When you’re passionate about dining, you know it’s not just about the food—it’s also about the experience. That’s why Capital One Dining offers cardholder-only reservations and special culinary experiences that make meals unforgettable.
So book an exclusive table at the MICHELIN-starred spot of your dreams. Discover a new favorite on Capital One Dining’s curated list of restaurants. Get those tickets to the food festival you’ve been wanting to attend. Enjoy an evening with other foodies at a chef collaboration dinner.
With Capital One Dining, magical culinary moments are just a few taps away. To learn more, check out these FAQs with more details.
Finally, here’s wishing you two of the best things life has to offer: good times and great food. Cheers!