Capital One rewards guide: How to redeem credit card rewards
October 17, 2023 4 min read
Got a Capital One rewards credit card? If so, it might be time to redeem those miles or cash back for something like a concert ticket or your next flight.
Learn more about rewards cards and redemption options that might fit your lifestyle.
Capital One rewards cards let cardholders earn cash back or miles on every purchase.
Cash back rewards can be redeemed as cash, a gift card or a statement credit or put toward other purchases.
Miles rewards can cover travel purchases like flights, hotels and rental cars. They can also be transferred to a partner loyalty program or friend.
You can view and redeem your rewards by signing in to your Capital One account.
What are Capital One rewards?
If you want to get rewarded for every credit card swipe, tap, dip or online purchase, a Capital One rewards card might be right for you.
Cash back credit cards let you earn rewards on everyday expenses and purchases you’re already making. You can typically redeem these rewards in the form of a check, statement credit or gift card. Or you can use your rewards to shop at Amazon.com or PayPal.
Travel rewards credit cards offer rewards miles that can be put toward future flights, hotels and other travel-related purchases—among other options.
Capital One credit cards that earn rewards
These Capital One rewards cards help you earn cash back:
Savor: 4% cash back on dining, entertainment and popular streaming services, 3% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases1
Quicksilver Secured: 1.5% cash back on every purchase with a refundable $200 minimum deposit
These Capital One cards let you earn travel miles:
Venture X: 10X miles on hotels and rental cars and 5X miles on flights booked through Capital One Travel, plus 2X miles on all other purchases
Venture: 5X miles on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel plus 2X miles on all other purchases
Ways to redeem Capital One rewards
There are plenty of options for redeeming your Capital One rewards—it just depends on your tastes. If you travel often, you might redeem miles for a future flight or travel purchase. If going out is more your speed, you could enjoy a meal on the house.
And as you continue to earn rewards, you can redeem them differently each time based on your preferences.
- Cash: Redeem your rewards for cash in the form of a check.
- Statement credit: Apply rewards directly to your account as a statement credit, which can reduce your balance.
- Recent purchase: Use your cash back to directly cover a recent purchase, typically in the form of a statement credit.
- Merchandise: Use your rewards to score products from hundreds of top brands, including Marc Jacobs, Tumi and Apple®.
- Gift cards: Redeem your cash back rewards as a gift card from restaurants, retailers and more.
- Amazon.com: Enroll your card in the Amazon Shop with Points program to apply your rewards balance to an online purchase.
- PayPal: Use your rewards balance as a payment method when checking out online by adding your rewards card to your PayPal wallet.
- Experiences: Spend your rewards on event tickets for sporting events, concerts and more through Capital One Entertainment.
- Travel purchases: Redeem your miles to cover a travel expense when paying with a Capital One travel card.
- Capital One Travel: Book a flight, hotel or rental car through Capital One Travel using your rewards.
- Transfer miles to loyalty programs: Transfer a minimum of 1,000 miles to more than 15 airline and hotel loyalty program partners.
- Transfer rewards to someone else: Share your rewards with a friend or family member who also has a Venture card.
How to use Capital One rewards
You can find a summary of your rewards and redemption options by signing into your account. Here’s how:
Capital One rewards in a nutshell
Capital One rewards cards can help you earn and use cash back or miles in ways that work for you. You could maximize your Capital One rewards by redeeming them for things like a statement credit, an experience or a travel purchase.
If you’re not already a cardholder, you could compare Capital One rewards credit cards to pick the perks that are right for you.