Sending a wire transfer
Wire transfers allow you to send large amounts of money quickly and securely. There is a $30 sender fee for all online wire transfers. See our support page for more information on requirements for wire transfers.
Keep in mind that these steps apply to personal bank accounts. The wire transfer process for small business and commercial accounts may differ.
Below you can find the information you will need to send a wire transfer online. You will need your mobile phone in order to authenticate.
|Recipient Type||Daily Limits||What’s Needed||What’s Optional|
|A Person (or non-title company)||$50,000||
|External Linked Account||None||
For more information regarding sending eligibility, please visit our support page.
When the money will get to your recipient
The money will be delivered the same day, if requested by 2 p.m ET. Monday-Friday (except federal holidays). If it’s requested after this time, it will be delivered the next business day.
Steps to send a wire transfer
Ready to send? Follow these steps to send an online wire transfer:
- Sign in to capitalone.com.
- Click on the account you want to send the funds from.
- Click on the "Account Services & Settings” option.
- Click on “Wire Money" and enter the required information (see your selected recipient type above).
Receiving a wire transfer
When you’re receiving a wire transfer, the sending bank will be fully responsible for initiating the transfer. They’ll also be your point of contact for any questions or issues you may have.
Keep in mind, these steps apply to personal bank accounts. The wire transfers process for small business and commercial accounts may differ.
You may need to provide the sending bank the following information:
- Capital One’s swift code (IBAN): HIBKUS44
- Capital One’s address: 1680 Capital One Drive McLean, VA 22102-3491
- Your Capital One account and routing numbers.
- These can be found under “View Details” in the app or on the web. If you’re not enrolled in digital banking, your account number can be found at the top of your paper statement. Please call for help with your routing number.
Fees for receiving a wire transfer vary by account type. The following account types are charged a $15 fee for incoming wire transfers:
- Essential Checking
- High-Yield Checking
- Essential Savings
All other account types are not charged a fee.
Domestic transfers will be deposited and made available the same business day if received by 5 p.m. ET. International wires may take 3–5 business days to arrive and be deposited to your account.
Visit our overview page for more information on wire transfers.
Please reach out to us if you need further assistance.