Travel credits are a form of payment issued by Capital One that you may apply to future purchases on Capital One Travel. Travel credits are issued in specific scenarios, such as when you receive our price drop protection or our price match guarantee.
You can apply that travel credit to pay for a new booking directly through Capital One Travel. Not sure if you have travel credits available? Follow these steps any time to check your balance.
1. Sign in to Capital One Travel, and click the menu button in the top right-hand corner.
2. Select My travel credits and offers.
3. View travel credits available to spend on travel.
4. Click View activity to see your travel credit activity
5. View detailed breakdown of all Travel Credit balance(s) and transactions
Need more help? Check out all Capital One Travel help topics or give us a call at 844-422-6922.
What are airline travel credits, and how are they different from Capital One travel credits?
When you cancel a flight, the airline might issue a travel credit. You can often apply that airline credit to pay for a new booking directly through Capital One Travel. To see if you have available airline travel credits, sign into Capital One Travel and go to the My Trips page.
Keep in mind that Capital One Travel is bound by the airline’s rules and restrictions and can only redeem airline travel credits according to the terms and conditions of the airline. Here are a few things to be aware of:
- If you booked with a low-cost carrier—like Spirit Airlines or Ryanair—the booking is managed by the airline. Contact the airline directly for more information about possible travel credits.
- Airline travel credits typically aren’t offered for basic economy bookings.
- Airline travel credits might expire after a certain period of time, according to the rules set by the airline.
- The airline credit can only be used by the same passengers on the same airline as the original booking.
- The airline credit might not be able to be applied to certain flights.
By contrast, Capital One travel credits are a form of payment issued by Capital One that you may apply to future purchases on Capital One Travel.
Do travel credits expire?
Some travel credits issued through Capital One Travel don’t have an expiration date, including those issued in connection with Price Drop Protection1 or Price Match Guarantee2. The $300 annual travel credit issued to Venture X and Venture X Business cardholders expires on the next account open-date anniversary.
To view more details about your travel credits, sign in to Capital One Travel and go to the My travel credits and offers page and select View activity.
Can someone else use my travel credits?
No, only the customer issued the travel credit can use it.
Can I use a travel credit on more than one booking?
Yes, depending on the amount of your travel credit, you may be able to use it on multiple bookings. For example, if your travel credit is worth more than the total cost of a trip you’re booking, you will keep any remaining travel credit balance to use later. Alternatively, if your travel credit is worth less than the total cost of your booking, you’ll need to use your eligible Capital One credit card or Capital One rewards to pay the remaining balance.