US Card Estates FAQs
- How should I notify you of a Capital One customer who has passed away?
Please call us at 1-877-357-5659 during our regular business hours, Mon.–Fri., 8:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m. ET.
Or you may write to us at the following address:
P.O. Box 30285
Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0285
- Why do I need to notify Capital One that a customer has passed away?
Notifying us of an account holder who has passed away can help resolve outstanding financial issues during an otherwise difficult time. Please contact our dedicated team of estates agents, who will help you through the process and answer any questions you may have. Please know that we appreciate your help in keeping records up to date and that we will do our best to help with your specific situation.
- What verification do I need to provide for a customer who has passed away?
When you contact us about the death of a loved one, please be prepared to provide the person’s name, social security number, date of birth, and account number. Having the date of death may also be required and is often helpful.
- Do I need to contact different people or departments for each Capital One account of the person who has passed away?
If you need to notify us about more than one type of Capital One account, you will need to contact each department separately. For example, if the person who passed away had an auto loan and a credit card with us, you’ll need to notify both departments. We will do our best to make the process as easy and stress-free as possible.
- Will someone contact me about the person who has passed away?
If it’s necessary to verify any information or to make arrangements about the account or any property, one of our dedicated agents may contact you. Every situation is unique, so we handle each one individually.
- Where can I find out more information about handling financial affairs for a person who has passed away?
The website www.MyWayForward.com has a lot of helpful information for those dealing with the death of a loved one. The website includes legal, financial, and government information, plus tools and checklists to guide you through these trying times.
By clicking this link, you will be leaving the Capital One site. Please be aware that www.MyWayForward.com is not associated with Capital One. It may have different privacy and security practices from those offered by Capital One.