Where are the funds coming from when I use a virtual number?
When you first set up virtual numbers, Eno will ask you to choose an eligible default Capital One credit card. This card will be used as the payment account for all the purchases you make with your virtual numbers.
I have the Eno extension installed, but I don’t see it in my browser toolbar. How can I find it?
The Eno extension may be hidden. Here’s how to bring it back to your toolbar:
- Chrome: Click the “More” icon (three vertical dots) on the right edge of your toolbar. Right-click the Eno extension's icon, and select “Show in Toolbar.” Chrome Web Store Support
- Firefox: Click the “Open Menu” icon (three horizontal lines) on the right edge of your browser toolbar. Select “Add-Ons” and navigate to “Extensions” in the left menu. If Eno is disabled, click “Enable.” Then, click the “Open Menu” icon (three horizontal lines) on the right edge of your toolbar again and select “Customize.” Find the “Eno from Capital One” icon on the page and drag it to your toolbar. Firefox Add-Ons Support.
- Edge: Click the “Settings and more” icon (three horizontal dots) on the right edge of your browser toolbar. Select “Extensions.” Hover over the “Eno from Capital One” line item and click the gear icon that appears on the right. Toggle the “Show button next to the address bar” option to “On.”
How do I create a virtual number?
When Eno pops up at checkout, sign in to your account and follow the steps you'll see there. Or, you can always click on the Eno icon in the top-right corner of your browser toolbar, sign in, and choose "Create."
Can I use virtual numbers for recurring transactions, like bills or subscriptions?
Yes! If the merchant accepts credit cards, you can set up your virtual number to pay recurring transactions, including bills and subscriptions.
Will I get purchase notifications when these virtual numbers are used?
If you’ve opted in to get purchase notifications, you'll get them whenever your virtual number is used, just like you normally do with your actual credit card.
Do I have to remember all my virtual numbers?
No way–that'd be a lot to keep track of! Eno’s got you covered:
- Click on your profile photo in the top-left corner of your Eno browser extension.
- Choose "Manage All" in the menu to go to your Capital One account and see all of your virtual numbers in one place.
Can I pick up tickets purchased with my virtual number at will call?
It depends. Some merchants can find your tickets by using your email address, name, order confirmation number, or the last four digits of the virtual number. Other merchants may require the last four digits of your physical card to match the payment method you used online.
We recommend printing your tickets at home or adding them to your mobile wallet, so you can skip the line and get right to your event!
Will my virtual number work at multiple merchants?
No. Each virtual number will only work at a single merchant. For example, when you’re checking out at Amazon.com, you can get a virtual number that only works at Amazon.com. Then, when you’re checking out at Walmart.com, you can get a different virtual number that only works at Walmart.com.
Can I use a virtual number at Amazon.com?
Yes. You can pay with a virtual number on Amazon’s checkout page. First, go to the “Payment Method” section and select “Change." Then, select “Add a credit or debit card." At this point, Eno will pop up to help you get a virtual number. If your virtual number doesn’t autofill, you can copy and paste it. Finally, click “Add your card", and your virtual number will be selected as your payment method.
To make this virtual number your default payment method for Amazon, go to your account and select “Payment options." Then, go to the "Your default purchase preference" section and select "Change Preference."
Can I use a virtual number at a brick and mortar store?
No. Virtual numbers can only be used for online purchases. However, if you want a more secure way to pay at a brick and mortar store, we recommend you add your Capital One credit card to a mobile payment system such as Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay.
Can my authorized users sign up and use virtual numbers?
Yes–as long as your authorized user has a personal Capital One credit card account, they can sign up and create virtual numbers with Eno.
How do I return a purchase made using virtual numbers?
If you return something you purchased online to a brick and mortar store location, you'll need the receipt so the merchant can find your purchase in their system. The cashier may also ask to swipe a credit card to process the return. You'll see the refund reflected on your credit card account.
If you return your purchase through mail, follow the instructions from the merchant.
Are there any spending limits with my virtual numbers?
Your spending limit is determined by the credit limit on the default credit card linked to your virtual numbers.