Building a more Inclusive Economy for Small Businesses
Capital One is supporting Strive USA’s mission to help improve the financial resilience and growth of U.S. small businesses
March 15, 2023
Capital One joined forces with Strive USA, a new program led by the Mastercard Center for Inclusive Growth to provide support for five million businesses over the next five years, with a focus on underserved business owners. Strive USA will support and enhance delivery of federal dollars dedicated to small business growth.
Our company began working with Strive USA as a founding member of the Economic Opportunity Coalition, a public and private effort to align billions in investments to underserved communities.
Through support to this program, Capital One aims to enact change by:
- Providing capital to Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs)
- Accelerating investments with Black and Hispanic partners and suppliers
- Building a suite of financial products specifically designed to support business owners with varying needs
- Expanding digital access, mentoring, training, advisory programs, network development and wraparound services that help small business owners success as they gain access to funding
- Producing custom research aimed at closing information gaps to advance greater equity and opportunity in the small business ecosystem through the Capital One Insights Center.
Strive USA’s key objectives include providing small business support to improve the financial resilience and growth of U.S. small businesses and address the systemic inequities that entrepreneurs of color face.
This program aims to leverage data science and digital tools to help small businesses drive growth and resiliency.
Additionally, Strive USA will expand CDFI digitalization and capital access efforts to include Community Financial Institutions (CFI), such as community banks, credit unions and depositories.