Helping Our Customers Weather the Storm
How Capital One is taking action to help our customers navigate this uncertain time
November 30, 2023
The information contained in this message is reflective of Capital One’s Founder and CEO's letter to associates. To read the full letter, click here.
While business activity has slowed, Capital One has continued to support consumer and business clients who rely on our products and services to live their lives, support their families, or make payroll. We have doubled ATM withdrawal limits and waived ATM fees for our banking customers. And our digital tools and servicing platforms allow consumers and businesses to manage their finances in resilient and convenient ways.
We have a range of policies and programs to accommodate customer hardships. For customers who let us know they are being impacted, we are here to support and work with them. We are offering assistance to consumers and small business owners, including waiving fees or deferring payments on credit cards or auto loans. Since our founding, we have been committed to serving the financial needs of all consumers across the credit spectrum. Our frontline associates are well-trained and well-prepared to serve customers in times of financial stress or hardship, and we’re grateful for the service they are providing as the number of hardship cases increases.
Even in these stressful times, we are committed to helping our customers succeed in the months and years ahead.
This is something that affects us all, and we are facing this together. If you’re a Capital One account holder, please see our COVID-19 Overview.
For additional resources, please see below:
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, “Protect Yourself Financially From the Impact of the Coronavirus”
- What Happens if I Can't Pay My Credit Card Bill?
- Managing Money When You’ve Lost Your Job
- All About Credit Fraud Alerts and Security
- How to Avoid Phishing
- Supporting our Business Community
- Ready, Set, Bank – a free program to help one of our most highly-impacted populations – seniors – learn how to bank online. A Spanish language version, Listos, Clic, Avance is also available.