Rewards credit cards questions
General rewards questions
- How can I review and redeem my rewards—or get help if I have questions?
If you are already a Capital One® rewards credit card customer, you can access your rewards information online anytime by signing in to your account, or call our Rewards Center toll free at 1-800-228-3001, Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. to midnight ET, and Saturday-Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. ET.
- If I don’t pay my credit card bill in full every month, will I still earn rewards?
As long as you pay the monthly minimum payment by the due date, you will accumulate rewards.
- When can I start redeeming?
Rewards are available for redemption once they are posted to your account, determined by your program rules.
- Can I redeem a portion of my No Hassle Rewards® and keep adding to the remaining balance?
Yes, you can redeem any or all of your available rewards whenever you'd like, provided your account is open and in good standing.
- Is it possible for me to lose my rewards?
As long as your account is open, you will not lose your rewards. However, your account must be in good standing in order to redeem your rewards.
- What are the eligibility requirements to redeem rewards?
Your account must be open and in good standing to be eligible to redeem for rewards.
- What types of purchases qualify for rewards?
Rewards will be earned on annual net purchases (not including purchase checks, purchase credits, travelers' check purchases, cash advances, access checks, and cash equivalent transactions).
- What does "no limits on rewards" mean?
It means that there's no limit to the amount of cash back you can earn, and those rewards don’t expire for the life of the account.
- Will my rewards ever expire?
Your rewards are yours for the life of the account—they will not expire. But if your account is closed, you will lose any rewards you have not redeemed.
Miles rewards questions
- How can I redeem my miles for air travel?
There are two ways to redeem your miles for air travel. You can purchase your tickets and then contact us to redeem your miles for your air travel. Alternatively, you can contact our Rewards Center toll free at 1-800-228-3001, Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. to midnight ET, and Saturday-Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. ET, to purchase your ticket(s) and redeem your miles.
- Can airline tickets be booked in someone else's name using my miles?
Yes, you can purchase tickets in anyone's name. For security purposes, we send all tickets to the billing address on your account.
- How far in advance can I book airline tickets?
As long as you have enough miles in your account, you can book your airline tickets up to ten months in advance.
- Are there any limits to the miles I can earn?
No, there are no limits to the miles you can earn.
- Can I redeem the miles I earn for something other than travel?
Absolutely. You can redeem your miles for cash, gift cards, and more. Redemption rates for these options vary and are subject to change without notice.
Cash rewards questions
- How do I get my cash back?
You can ask for your cash back anytime you want by going online or calling the Rewards Center toll free. You can even set a specific threshold for redemption in which you would automatically receive your cash back.
- Is there a limit to the amount of cash back I can earn?
There's no limit to the amount of cash back you can earn on purchases.
- Will I have to shop at certain stores to earn my cash back?
No. Shop anywhere your credit card is accepted. Your Capital One rewards credit card never limits you to a "select" vendor, like some other cards do.
- Can I redeem for something other than cash?
Yes. You can also redeem for gift cards or a charitable donation. Redemption rates for these options vary and are subject to change without notice.