A midsize crossover SUV, the Lexus RX is one of the most popular luxury vehicles in America. It comes with two or three rows of seats and can carry up to seven passengers. The RX 350 has a V6 engine with front-wheel or all-wheel drive, while the RX 450h provides a gas-electric V6 hybrid powertrain with standard AWD. The F Sport version is, as you might guess, the sporty one.
2022 Lexus RX Configurations
Lexus sells its popular SUV in RX and RX L body styles, the latter the extended-length version with three rows of seats. Furthermore, the SUV is available in RX 350 and RX 450h model series, the latter the hybrid version. Each is available in three trim levels:
- Lexus RX — Highlights from the RX standard equipment list include 18-inch alloy wheels, a power rear liftgate, Lexus NuLuxe simulated leather seats, an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with connected services including a Wi-Fi hotspot, and a Lexus Safety System+ 2.0 collection of driving assistance and collision avoidance technologies
- Lexus RX F Sport — Offered only with the two-row, five-passenger body style, the F Sport trim adds a sportier appearance inside and out, plus 20-inch alloy wheels, a sport-tuned suspension, ambient interior lighting, sport-bolstered front seats, and memory for the driver’s settings
- Lexus RX Black Line Special Edition — Based on the standard RX, the Black Line Special Edition has blacked-out trim and aluminum roof rails on the outside, while the interior features black seats with white contrast stitching and unique open-pore black walnut wood interior trim. Additional upgrades include memory for the driver’s settings, a heated wood-and-leather steering wheel, a power sunroof, parking sensors with automatic front and rear low-speed braking, and automatic rear cross-traffic braking
What’s New for the 2022 Lexus RX?
Feeling no need to mess with success, Lexus leaves well enough alone with the 2022 RX. New paint colors, including Cloudburst, Iridium, and Grecian Water are available, along with a new Glazed Caramel interior color.
Lexus RX Competitors for 2022
Lexus arguably invented the luxury crossover SUV segment when it debuted the first RX for the 1999 model year. More than 20 years later, it dominates its segment but is no longer flying solo. Competitors range from the Acura MDX to the Volvo XC90, with numerous others in between.
Lexus RX Features
Offering dramatic design, a long-standing reputation for reliability, plenty of room for five people, and an available hybrid drivetrain that gets better gas mileage with no loss of performance, the 2022 Lexus RX is a popular choice in a midsize luxury SUV.
- Pre-Collision System — Standard forward-collision warning system with pedestrian detection and automatic emergency braking
- Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist — Standard lane-departure warning and lane-keeping assistance system
- Lane Tracing Assist — Standard lane-centering assistance can autonomously steer to keep the RX in the middle of the lane of travel
- Blind Spot Monitor — Standard feature warns the driver when other vehicles are in the RX’s blind spots or approaching from the side while reversing
- Safety Connect — Standard connected services plan with safety features. Complimentary for three years
- Touchscreen infotainment system — Standard 8-inch display and available 12.3-inch display
- Smartphone mirroring — Standard support for iOS and Android devices
- Lexus Enform — Standard connected services including remote engine starting, smart home digital assistants, Wi-Fi, and more. Subscription required after free trial period
- Navigation system — Available feature*
- Head-up display — Available feature*
- 3.5L V6, 295 hp
- Gas-electric hybrid based on 3.5L V6, 308 hp
- 8-speed automatic (V6), electronic continuously variable transmission (hybrid)
- Front-wheel or all-wheel drive (V6); all-wheel drive (hybrid)
- 21-23 mpg in combined driving (V6); 29-30 mpg (hybrid)
- Dual-zone automatic climate control — Standard feature
- NuLuxe seats — Standard simulated leather upholstery
- Genuine leather seats — Available feature*
- Heated and ventilated front seats — Available feature*
- Premium sound systems — Available 12-speaker and 15-speaker systems*
*Availability is subject to specific trim level selections