As one of America's most popular compact crossover SUVs, the 2022 Honda CR-V offers plenty of comfort and utility for the price. It comes with a choice between a turbocharged gas engine or a gas-electric hybrid powertrain, and front-wheel or all-wheel drive (AWD).
2022 Honda CR-V Configurations
Honda offers the 2022 CR-V in five different trim levels, while the 2022 CR-V Hybrid is available in three levels of specification:
- LX — If you're a technophobe, the CR-V LX is for you. With its basic infotainment system and package of driving assistance features, it offers few upgrades but comes with a competitive price
- Special Edition — The CR-V Special Edition adds some of the features you may like to have in your compact SUV, such as heated front seats, remote engine starting, a dual-zone automatic climate control system, and smartphone mirroring through a larger 7-inch touchscreen display. Like the LX trim, the Special Edition comes only with a turbocharged gas engine
- EX — Serving as the mid-grade trim for the CR-V (and the base trim for the CR-V Hybrid), the EX comes with larger 18-inch wheels, a power sunroof, satellite radio, second-row USB charging ports, a blind-spot and rear cross-traffic warning system, and dark-tinted rear privacy glass. Hybrids receive standard AWD, automatic LED headlights, and an 8-speaker stereo
- EX-L — With EX-L trim, the "L" stands for leather seats. This version also comes with a power rear liftgate and an improved stereo system. Hybrids get a heated steering wheel and ambient cabin lighting
- Touring — The top-of-the-line CR-V has standard AWD and 19-inch wheels plus automatic LED headlights, rain-sensing wipers, a heated steering wheel, and a hands-free power liftgate. A navigation system is standard, along with a premium sound system and wireless smartphone charging. Hybrids boast standard front and rear parking sensors
What's New for the 2022 Honda CR-V?
In what is likely its final year in current form, the only change to the 2022 Honda CR-V is standard AWD for the Touring trim level. There are no changes to the Honda CR-V Hybrid for the 2022 model year.
Honda CR-V Competitors for 2022
Honda dominates sales in the compact crossover SUV segment, along with the equally popular Toyota RAV4. Alternatives to the 2022 Honda CR-V include the Buick Envision, Chevrolet Equinox, Ford Escape, GMC Terrain, Hyundai Tucson, Jeep Cherokee, Kia Sportage, Nissan Rogue, Mazda CX-5, Mitsubishi Outlander, Subaru Forester, and Volkswagen Tiguan.
Honda CR-V Features
The first CR-V went on sale 25 years ago and Honda has since perfected the compact SUV recipe. Today's model blends a roomy interior and ample cargo area with athletic driving dynamics and a five-star safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Plus, the CR-V Hybrid is effortlessly fuel-efficient.
- Forward Collision Warning — Standard feature warns the driver if a collision might occur
- Collision Mitigation Braking System — Standard automatic emergency braking system
- Road Departure Mitigation — Standard feature that steers CR-V back into the intended lane of travel if the SUV starts to leave the lane unintentionally
- Lane Keeping Assist System — Standard feature that steers to keep the CR-V traveling in the center of its lane
- Blind Spot Information System — Available feature* monitors the SUV's blind spots and warns the driver when it is not recommended to change lanes
- 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system – Available feature*
- Smartphone mirroring – Available feature* supporting iOS and Android devices
- Wireless smartphone charging – Available feature*
- Navigation system – Available feature* with voice recognition and digital traffic data
- Walk Away Auto Lock – Available feature* automatically locks the CR-V's doors when the driver leaves the vehicle
- Turbocharged 1.5L four-cylinder engine making 190 hp
- Gas-electric hybrid powertrain making 181 hp
- Continuously variable transmission (electronic in Hybrid)
- Front-wheel drive or AWD (AWD is standard for Hybrid)
- 29-30 mpg in combined driving (38 mpg for Hybrid)
- Multi-angle reversing camera — Standard feature*
- Dual-zone automatic climate control — Available feature*
- Leather seats – Available feature*
- Heated front seats and steering wheel — Available features*
- Ambient lighting — Available feature*
*Availability is subject to specific trim level selections