Honda didn’t invent the minivan, but it perfected this genre of practical people-haulers. Today, while its rivals either electrify or explore niche positioning, the 2022 Honda Odyssey remains a popular choice in a small segment. However, some innovation is in order to keep up with rivals.
2022 Honda Odyssey Review: Configurations
Honda offers the 2022 Odyssey in five different trim levels:
Odyssey LX — The most affordable version of the Odyssey includes plenty of safety features along with 18-inch alloy wheels, dark-tinted rear privacy glass, remote keyless entry, automatic climate control, an 8-way power-adjustable driver’s seat, and a 7-speaker sound system
Odyssey EX — Most people will be happier with the Odyssey EX, which adds an infotainment system with smartphone mirroring and satellite radio. This trim level also has a 12-way power-adjustable driver’s seat, triple-zone automatic climate control, heated exterior mirrors, heated front seats, power sliding side doors, configurable second-row seats, second-row window shades, a blind-spot warning system, rear cross-traffic warning, and remote engine starting
Odyssey EX-L — Leather seats are standard in the Odyssey EX-L, along with an 8-way power-adjustable passenger’s seat, a power sunroof, and a power rear liftgate
Odyssey Touring — This version of Honda’s minivan has CabinWatch passenger monitoring and CabinTalk driver communication systems. Touring trim also includes 19-inch alloy wheels, ambient interior lighting, a navigation system, a rear-seat entertainment system, HondaLink connected services with Wi-Fi access, and front and rear parking sensors
Odyssey Elite — The top-of-the-line Odyssey features rain-sensing wipers, power-folding side mirrors, a hands-free power liftgate, heated and ventilated front seats, wireless smartphone charging, and a premium sound system with 11 speakers
What’s New for the 2022 Honda Odyssey?
Aside from introducing a new Radiant Red Metallic II paint color, the 2022 Honda Odyssey is unchanged from the previous model year.
Honda Odyssey Competitors for 2022
With the 2022 Odyssey, Honda squares off against the Chrysler Pacifica, Kia Carnival, and Toyota Sienna. Both the Pacifica and the Sienna offer electrified powertrains, while the Carnival delivers the style and interior design of a crossover SUV paired with the practicality of a minivan. The Kia even offers second-row seats that are similar to first-class accommodations on a modern jet. Nevertheless, the Odyssey excels in the areas critical to people who buy this type of vehicle.
2022 Honda Odyssey Review: Features
With comfortable seating for up to eight passengers and more claimed cargo space than a Chevy Suburban, the 2022 Honda Odyssey is a terrific all-around family vehicle. Plus, the Odyssey earns the top safety rating from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System – Standard automatic emergency braking system
- Road Departure Mitigation System – Standard lane-keeping assistance system
- Lane Keeping Assist System – Standard lane-centering assistance system
- Blind Spot Information System – Standard feature warns the driver when other vehicles are in the Odyssey’s blind spots
- Adaptive Cruise Control – Standard feature maintains a safe distance from vehicles ahead
- Infotainment system — Available feature with an 8-inch touchscreen display*
- Smartphone mirroring — Available feature with support for iOS and Android devices*
- HondaLink connected services — Available feature with Wi-Fi connectivity*
- Rear seat entertainment system — Available feature with a single 10.2-inch display*
- CabinWatch — Available rear-seat monitoring system*
- 3.5L V6
- 280 hp
- 10-speed automatic
- Front-wheel drive
- 22 mpg in combined driving
- Leather seats — Available feature*
- 12-way power driver’s seat — Available feature*
- Magic Slide second-row seats — Available feature allows the owner to configure the seats in different ways*
- Heated and ventilated front seats — Available feature*
- Triple-zone automatic climate control — Available feature, includes a humidity sensor*
*Availability is subject to specific trim level selections