With the 2022 G70, Genesis credibly challenges rival luxury sports sedans for back-road performance supremacy. This surprisingly small car features a turbocharged four-cylinder or twin-turbocharged V6 engine, rear-wheel drive (RWD) or all-wheel drive (AWD), and lots of luxe for fewer bucks than BMW and Mercedes-Benz.
2022 Genesis G70 Configurations
Genesis sells the 2022 G70 in two model series: 2.0T and 3.3T. Each is available with optional AWD. Buyers add equipment with Prestige, Sport Prestige, and Launch Edition packages:
- Prestige package — Available on the G70 2.0T, this package adds larger wheels, a panoramic sunroof, real leather seats, a 15-speaker premium sound system, and more
- Sport Advanced package — Available on the G70 3.3T, this package adds unique wheels, dark chrome accents, a panoramic sunroof, ventilated front seats, a 15-speaker premium sound system, digital key technology, and an active exhaust system
- Sport Prestige package — This package for the G70 3.3T includes Sport Advanced content plus upgraded brakes, premium leather, a simulated suede headliner, a head-up display, camera-based surround view, and blind-spot view monitoring
- Launch Edition package — This special edition of the G70 3.3T comes with Sport Advanced and Sport Prestige equipment plus lightweight wheels, matte-finish paint, and exclusive red leather
What’s New for the 2022 Genesis G70?
Genesis gives the 2022 G70 a cosmetic makeover by adding the company’s “Athletic Elegance” styling themes to align the car with the rest of the automaker’s offerings. New infotainment and driving assistance systems also arrive, adding technological sophistication to the G70.
Genesis G70 Competitors for 2022
The Genesis G70 is small — even by compact luxury sedan standards. It contains tight rear-seat accommodations and restrictive trunk space. Therefore, while it rivals models like the Audi A4, BMW 3 Series, and Mercedes-Benz C-Class, it must also contend with the Audi A3, BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe, and Mercedes-Benz A-Class and CLA-Class models. The Acura TLX, Alfa Romeo Giulia, Cadillac CT4 and CT5, Infiniti Q50, Jaguar XF, Lexus IS, and Volvo S60 also compete in this segment.
Genesis G70 Features
Engineered for thrilling driving dynamics, the 2022 Genesis G70 can bring style, luxury, performance, and technological sophistication to entry-level luxury sedan buyers. Value is part of its story, too, from generous warranty, maintenance, and connected service plans to appealing ownership perks such as valet vehicle servicing.
- Rear Occupant Alert — Standard feature reminds the driver to check the rear seat before locking and leaving the car
- Safe Exit Warning — Standard feature warns occupants when traffic approaches from behind, recommending against opening a door to exit the G70
- Highway Driving Assist — Standard adaptive cruise control and lane-centering assistance that works together to make highway driving easier
- Junction Turning Assist — Standard assistance technology that helps the driver safely navigate turns and intersections
- Blind-Spot View Monitor — Available camera-based view* of the G70’s blind spots shown within the instrumentation
- Infotainment system — Standard 10.25-inch touchscreen display
- Hands-free Smart Trunk — Standard automatic trunk opening system that does not require motion detection under the bumper
- Surround View Monitor — Available 360-degree surround view camera system*
- Head-up Display — Available feature* that projects data onto the windshield in front of the driver
- Genesis Digital Key — Available feature* transforms a compatible smartphone into a digital key to unlock the G70 and start the engine
- Turbocharged 252 hp 2.0L four-cylinder
- Twin-turbocharged 365 hp 3.3L V6
- 8-speed automatic transmission
- RWD or AWD
- 20-24 mpg in combined driving
- Power adjustable, heated front seats — Standard
- Ventilated front seats — Available*
- Leather upholstery — Available* in two grades of quality
- Panoramic sunroof — Available*
- 15-speaker premium sound system — Available*
*Availability is subject to specific trim level selections