Living large and in charge, the 2022 Cadillac Escalade full-size luxury SUV seats up to eight people and supplies a maximum of 142.8 cu. ft. of cargo space. It is available in standard and ESV extended-length styles, equipped with a gasoline V8 or turbocharged, diesel inline six-cylinder engine, and features rear-wheel drive or four-wheel drive.
2022 Cadillac Escalade Review: Configurations
Cadillac offers the Escalade and Escalade ESV in five trim levels:
- Escalade Luxury — Though it has simulated leather instead of the real thing, the least expensive version of the Escalade still offers 22-inch wheels, 8-way power-adjustable and heated front seats, a 19-speaker premium sound system, a widescreen infotainment setup, and a handful of driving assistance and collision avoidance systems
- Escalade Premium Luxury — Premium Luxury trim adds genuine leather, ventilated front seats, a panoramic glass sunroof, a camera-based rearview mirror, and a head-up display. It also comes with a blind spot warning system, rear cross-traffic warning, automatic rear braking, adaptive cruise control, a semi-autonomous parking assistance system, and improved theft protection
- Escalade Sport — Featuring a mix of blacked-out and body-color trim, the Escalade Sport has unique wheels, an adaptive-damping suspension, an electronic limited-slip differential, and standard trailering equipment and technology
- Escalade Premium Luxury Platinum — Platinum trim builds on the Premium Luxury with an air suspension, trailering equipment and technology, soft-close doors, more opulent interior materials, 12-way power-adjustable front seats with massage, a 36-speaker AKG high-end audio system, and a rear-seat entertainment system
- Escalade Sport Platinum — Unsurprisingly, this version of the Escalade is just like the Premium Luxury Platinum, but with the Sport appearance details
What’s New for the 2022 Cadillac Escalade?
Buckle to Drive technology is standard on all trim levels for 2022. If you have this feature turned on, it prevents you from driving the SUV until you buckle the seat belt. Alternatively, if you are dead set on driving without this safety restraint, you can wait 20 seconds to shift into Drive. Additionally, the Escalade Luxury adds standard lane-departure warning and lane-keeping assistance technology, while Platinum versions include standard puddle lamps showing the Cadillac crest.
Cadillac Escalade Competitors for 2022
Traditional competitors to the Cadillac Escalade include the new-for-2022 Jeep Grand Wagoneer and the Lincoln Navigator. In addition, loaded versions of the GMC Yukon Denali might also take a bite out of Escalade sales. Non-traditional rivals are the BMW X7, Infiniti QX80, Lexus LX, and Mercedes-Benz GLS. These are smaller than the Cadillac, but can offer similar comfort and utility in a more manageable size.
2022 Cadillac Escalade Review: Features
Equipped with traditional body-on-frame engineering, the Cadillac Escalade offers up to 8,200 lbs of maximum trailering capacity and 1,647 lbs of payload capacity. But this SUV is more than just a workhorse, dripping in luxurious materials, modern technologies, and genuine comfort for six adults.
- Forward Collision Alert — Standard forward-collision warning system
- Automatic Emergency Braking — Standard operation below 50 mph, available operation above 50 mph*
- Lane Keep Assist — Standard feature, and includes lane-departure warning
- Side Blind Zone Alert — Available blind-spot warning system, and it provides trailer coverage with higher trims*
- Super Cruise — Available hands-free, highway driving-assistance system*
- Cadillac OLED Display — Standard feature with three digital displays under a 38-inch piece of curved glass
- Navigation with Augmented Reality — Standard feature
- Head-up display — Available feature*
- Night Vision — Available feature*
- Rear Seat Entertainment System — Available feature with dual 12.6-inch touchscreen displays*
- 3.0L, turbocharged, diesel inline six-cylinder, 277 hp
- 6.2L V8, 420 hp
- 10-speed automatic
- Rear-wheel drive or 4-wheel drive
- 16 mpg (V8) to 23 mpg (diesel) in combined driving
- Triple-zone automatic climate control — Standard feature
- 12-way power-adjustable front seats — Available feature*
- Leather upholstery — Available feature*
- Heated and ventilated front seats — Available feature*
- High-end AKG audio system — Available feature with 36 speakers*
*Availability is subject to specific trim level selections