To link an external account:
- Sign in to your bank account on capitalone.com. Please note, this feature is not available through the mobile app.
- Select your profile picture at the top right of the screen.
- Select “Settings.”
- Scroll down to “External Accounts.”
- From there, select “Add External Account.” You’ll be asked to verify your identity and enter your external account information.
- Within 3 business days, Capital One will make 2 small test deposits (each less than $1.00) into your external account. We’ll generally withdraw the total amount of the test deposits the same day.
- Once you know the amounts, sign in to capitalone.com and select your profile picture at the top right of the screen. Click “Settings,” then navigate to “External Accounts.”
- Choose “Verify account to finish setting up transfers,” and enter the amounts on the next screen.
Are both of these accounts joint accounts? You’ll both need to add the external joint account separately and each complete the steps above.
After your account is confirmed, you’ll be able to transfer money between accounts.