10 Tips for Saving
- Whenever you get money, put some into savings right away.
- Set a savings goal. Think about your hopes and dreams.
- Slow down your spending. Think more about saving.
- Keep your savings in a safe place so that you’re not tempted to spend it.
- Include saving in your budget. Even small amounts add up over time.
- Think about cutting back on expenses (such as eating out, cable TV, and electronics).
- Talk to your friends and family about saving. Support one another’s goals.
- Save your money in a bank or credit union by setting up a savings account.
- Consider having an emergency fund. Aim to save three to six months of living expenses.
- Monitor how well you’re saving.
Find more tips at www.bankit.com.
Copyright © 2010 by Capital One and Search Institute. For more information, visit www.bankit.com. Capital One® and Search Institute® are federally registered service marks. Bank ItSM service mark is pending. All rights reserved.
My Money Goals
Want to buy a house? Reduce debt? Scroll through the columns below and select your goal to create a plan.
- Please choose from the other list
This site is for education purposes. The material provided on this site is not intended to provide legal, investment, or financial advice or to indicate the availability or suitability of any Capital One product or service to your unique circumstances. For specific advice about your unique circumstances, you may wish to consult a qualified professional.