10 Tips for Moving Forward
- Talk with family members about planning for your future.
- Be aware of how you use money to deal with an emotion.
- Keep track of your money with a budget.
- Connect with people who use money well.
- Research helpful tips and tools online. Find out what local community-based organizations have to offer.
- Learn from your money mistakes.
- Create money management plans that match your personal goals.
- Keep learning new ways to make positive money choices.
- When tough money situations arise, ask for help.
- Set money goals that are important to you.
Find more tips at www.bankit.com.
Copyright © 2010 by Capital One and Search Institute. For more information, visit www.bankit.com. Capital One® and Search Institute® are federally registered service marks. Bank ItSM service mark is pending. All rights reserved.
Do you have any savings, excluding retirement savings?1
- 66% Yes
- 34% No
Podcast: Money Management
Learn how to manage your finances better by developing a positive relationship with money.Download How does your relationship with money help you manage it today and in the future? (1.2 MB MP3)
This site is for education purposes. The material provided on this site is not intended to provide legal, investment, or financial advice or to indicate the availability or suitability of any Capital One product or service to your unique circumstances. For specific advice about your unique circumstances, you may wish to consult a qualified professional.
Source: Prepared for The National Foundation for Credit Counseling by Harris Interactive Inc., Public Relations Research, 2010