- You must be a US citizen or permanent resident with a valid Social Security number.
- Account holders must be at least 18 years old or a joint holder with an adult.
- Account opening deposit must be from a personal checking account only. Please note:
- We don't accept brokerage, money market or savings accounts (institutions put restrictions on these types of accounts that prevent electronic transfers).
- If your check has the words "Payable Through" with another bank name listed near the memo field, it can't be linked.
- You'll need to verify ownership of your external linked checking account by confirming one or two small amounts that we'll deposit in your account. (You'll receive detailed steps on the final page of this account opening process.)
- If this is a joint account and your joint account holder is on your external checking account, that person is also required to confirm the 1 or 2 small deposits.
- Until the link verification is complete, you (and your joint account holder if you have one) will not be able to make withdrawals from your Capital One Account
- You can choose to have your interest disbursed monthly or annually to a 360 Savings, 360 Checking or your external checking account.
- You can set your CD maturity instructions online to do one of the following:
- Renew your CD to the same or a different term
- Renew the original principal balance and take the interest earned
- Close your CD at maturity
- You can manage your CD maturity options online by logging into your account, choosing your CD and selecting 'Account Maintenance'.
- If you don't set your maturity options, your CD will automatically renew for the same term at maturity.
- If you choose to not renew your CD, we'll electronically return your original deposit plus interest to your personal checking account (which usually takes 2-3 business days) or you can move the funds to a different Capital One deposit account.
- Accounts opened online will automatically be set up to receive electronic statements.
- You'll automatically receive a statement every quarter.