FAQs — General
- What information do you collect from my mobile device, and how is it used?
- Is mobile banking available to former Orchard Bank®, Household Bank®, and other former HSBC Bank Nevada N.A. credit card?
Yes, you can use Capital One Mobile as soon as you set up an Online Banking account. Visit our enrollment page.
- Is there a difference signing in using my mobile device versus my laptop or desktop?
Yes. Our mobile website and mobile apps are custom-built and optimized for convenient, secure account management on the go. You can manage your account many ways with your mobile device and online.
In some cases, how you sign in affects the actions available to you. For example, you can use your mobile device to check balances and recent activity and schedule or make payments, but you can't change your contact information or reset your name or password. For security reasons, you'd need to take these actions online using a laptop or desktop computer.
Learn more about our app features.
- Do you have an iPad® app?
Yes. You can now easily manage your Capital One® credit card, Capital One® Bank and Capital One® 360 accounts—all securely and conveniently with our new app for iPad. View balances and recent activity, schedule and pay your bill(s), move money, find ATMs, and more. Download the Capital One app for iPad.
- What devices do you support?
- iPad: Our app for iPad is compatible with iPad and iPad mini, iOS version 5.1 or above. All other tablet users may access their account by visiting capitalone.com.
- iPhone® and iPod touch®: Our app for iPhone is optimized for iPhone 5, but will operate on all devices with iOS 5.1 or above. The app has been updated for iOS 7.
- AndroidTM Smartphones: Our Android app supports OS 2.2 and above.
All other web-enabled users or those with older operating systems may access their accounts by going to m.capitalone.com
- Are the Mobile Banking apps free to use?
Yes, the apps for iPad, iPhone and Android are free to download and use.
- Have an iPad or iPad mini? Download the app for iPad.
- Have an iPhone? Download the mobile app.
- Have an Android? Download the mobile app.
You can also securely access your account using the Mobile Web site at m.capitalone.com on your mobile device’s supported Web browser. Please be aware that Capital One doesn’t charge for your usage of the apps or the Mobile Web site, but charges from your mobile carrier may apply depending on your plan.
- Do I have to sign up to manage my account on the mobile app, iPad app or mobile site?
If you currently manage your account online, you can use the same username and password to sign in with a mobile device or tablet. If you have not set up online access, please visit our enrollment page from your computer, tablet or mobile device to create your Credit Card account username and password. You are then ready to manage your account(s) online or with a mobile or tablet device.
You can use the mobile app's ATM/Branch locator feature and find our contact information without signing up or signing in to an account on any of our apps or mobile web.
- Can I redeem my credit card rewards using the Capital One mobile app?
Yes. To redeem credit card rewards on the mobile app, tap on Redeem Card Rewards and sign in using your credit card user name and password. You’ll be able to redeem rewards for previously purchased travel, account credit, gift card, or a check. You can also use the mobile app to transfer rewards or to view your rewards history and rewards account information.
- Where is Purchase Eraser in your app?
Eligible Credit Card customers can find Purchase Eraser by selecting the Card Rewards link from the slide-out menu in the Capital One Mobile app.
- Can I use my smartphone to deposit a check?
Capital One 360 Checking customers can already make mobile deposits. We're working to also bring this convenient feature to our branch banking customers as soon as we can.
- What is SureSwipeTM?
SureSwipe is a 9-dot pattern sign in that can be used to replace your current Credit Card account password. Enable SureSwipe and create your sign in pattern by visiting the settings menu within the mobile app for iPhone. Some Card users may see a message when they sign into the app prompting them to sign up for SureSwipe. If you forget your sign in pattern, you can reset it by signing in with your normal password. SureSwipe is currently available only to iPhone users, but we're working hard to add it to Android and iPad in the near future.
- Why am I being asked to update the app?
Having the latest app ensures you have the most improved version. Each version of our app has enhanced our customers' experience, delivering new features and capabilities while upgrading performance. If you run an outdated app version, you may be prompted to download the up-to-date version.
- Why does Capital One's Android app require permissions?
All Android apps must declare permissions for nearly everything, from Internet access and writing to the SD card to requesting access to your phone's camera. That's why we ask permission to access the camera, allowing Capital One 360 Checking customers to deposit checks by mobile device.
- White screen
For a white screen on an iPhoneTM, go to the App Store to make sure you're running the most recent version of the app.
If updating doesn't fix the problem, please call us at (877) 383-4802.
- Error 1410
Apple users: Delete and re-install the app.
Android users: Clear the cache. (Settings > Applications > Capital One app > Clear Data > Clear Cache)
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
Apple, iPad, iPhone touch and iPhone are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.