- Are the mobile banking apps free to use?
- Yes, all of our apps are free to download and use.
You can also access your account using the mobile web site at m.capitalone.com on your mobile device’s supported Web browser. Please be aware that Capital One doesn’t charge for your usage of the apps or the mobile website, but charges from your mobile carrier may apply depending on your plan.
- Do I have to sign up to manage my account on the mobile app, iPad® app, or mobile site?
If you currently service your account at capitalone.com, you can use the same username and password to sign in with a mobile device or tablet. If you have not set up online access, please visit our enrollment page from your computer, tablet, or mobile device to create your username and password. You can then manage your account(s) online or with a mobile device or tablet.
Please note that you can use our ATM/Branch locator to find our contact information without signing up or signing in to an account on any of our apps or our mobile website.
- Is there a difference between signing in using my mobile device and my laptop or desktop?
Yes. Our mobile website and mobile apps are custom built and optimized for convenient, secure account management on the go.
In some cases, how you sign in affects the actions available to you. For example, you can use your mobile device to check balances and recent activity and schedule or make payments, but you can't change your contact information or reset your username or password. For security reasons, you'd need to take these actions online using a laptop or desktop computer.
- What devices do you support?
- iPhone® and iPod touch®: Our iPhone app supports OS 7.0 and higher. Download iPhone app.
- AndroidTM smartphones: Our Android app supports OS 4.0 and higher. Download Android app.
All other web-enabled users or those with older operating systems may access their accounts by going to m.capitalone.com.
- Does Capital One have an app for Windows® phones?
No, we don’t currently have an app available for Windows phones. However, you can use the mobile website at m.capitalone.com to access your accounts.
- Does Capital One have an app for Amazon Fire phones?
Yes. Our app for the Amazon Fire phone has the same features as our app for Android.
- Why does Capital One's AndroidTM app require permissions?
- All Android apps must declare permissions for nearly everything, from Internet access and writing to the SD card to requesting access to your phone's camera. We ask permission to access the camera for mobile check deposit capabilities.
- Is Mobile Banking secure?
Yes. Capital One Mobile Banking is as secure as Online Banking. We protect the information moving through our mobile experience through various security controls. For example, we use device recognition technology and encrypt mobile banking data. Learn more about mobile security.
- What information do you collect from my mobile device, and how is it used?
- I'm having trouble signing in or forgot my username and password.
You can get password help online or from your phone by retrieving your username and password from our full website. This can be accessed via your smart phone by clicking the Full Website link at the bottom of the m.capitalone.com mobile website. If you prefer, you can call in to our customer service center at 1-877-383-4802 to reset your username or password.
- How can I view all my credit cards from the mobile app?
To view all of your credit card accounts from your mobile device, you’ll need to link them all on our servicing website. To link your accounts, sign in into the Capital One credit card servicing website and select “Services” from the menu then select Link Accounts. Then you’ll be able to see your cards within the credit card section of the app.
- Why can I not see all of my credit cards on the mobile app?
You may not be able to see all of your cards because they are not yet linked. This can be done on the Capital One servicing website (www.capitalone.com/sign-in). If you cannot see your card accounts there, you may be unable to link them.
If you are not able to link your cards or cannot view them in the mobile app, you can still use your mobile device to sign in to your account. Simply use your smartphone or tablet to visit the same website you normally use to manage your credit card account.
- Why can I not see the Credit Tracker tool from within the mobile app?
Credit Tracker is currently available only to credit card customers within the mobile app and on our credit card servicing website. We are working on a solution to offer Credit Tracker to all our customers.
- Why is the Check Deposit feature on the mobile app not working?
There may be a temporary network connection issue within the app. We recommend closing out of the app completely and restarting.
- I'm travelling outside the country and I want to make sure that I can use my card. Can this approval be obtained through the app?
Currently, there is no way to notify us of travel within the app. However, you can set travel notifications on the Capital One Card servicing website or by calling the customer service number on the back of your card.
- How is your mobile website different from your mobile app?
The mobile website is a version of our desktop website that is designed to work on mobile devices (such as tablets and phones) through most popular browsers such as Safari, Chrome, and Firefox. You don’t need an app to access the mobile website—just go to m.capitalone.com from your browser.
Some features available in the app aren’t available on the mobile website: mobile check deposit, SureSwipeTM, Credit Tracker.
- Do you offer any kind of text or email message-based functionality?
You can’t complete transactions by email or text message, but we can send you alerts and account information through these channels:
- You may set up account alerts for things like when you have a payment due, confirmation of a payment, and other customizable alerts like when a large purchase is made (sent by text or email).
- We will automatically send you fraud alerts to notify you of suspicious activity on your account (sent by text or email).
- You can also use two-way alerts that allow you to text commands to us, to which we’ll reply with the information you request. For example, you can text “BAL” and we’ll reply with your balance and available credit.
- To subscribe to any of these alerts or to learn more, sign in to your account online at our full website and go to your Alerts page.
Note: Customers with iPhones can edit their credit card alerts within the mobile app after setting them up online.
Apple iPad, iPhone and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.