Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the features of Mobile Banking?
Mobile Banking with Capital One® makes your everyday banking activities convenient. Here's what we offer:
- Pay bills
- Transfer funds between your bank accounts
- Check balances
- View and redeem credit card Rewards
- Pay credit card statement
- View recent transactions
- Contact customer service
- Locate branch locations and ATMs (login not required)
- What is the difference between Mobile Banking and Online Banking?
Some functions can be done online but not on your mobile device. These include changing your contact information, resetting your user name or password, and setting up payees for account payments.
- Can I see my Capital One deals on the app?
- Yes! Simply download the app to view with just one touch your personalized money-savings deals, savings history and annual savings summary.
- How do I access Mobile Banking?
Capital One Mobile Banking is accessible through two options: 1) download our App, or 2) simply visit capitalone.com on your mobile device.
To log in to Mobile Banking, you must be enrolled in Online Banking. For more information about how to enroll, please visit our Online Banking support page.
- What information do you collect from my mobile phone and how is it used?
We do not collect information about your calls, nor any personal information other than your number and device information such as phone model and carrier. This information simply helps us ensure that you are the person accessing your account, and it may also be used for fraud detection, usage statistics, and to improve and enhance our products and services.
- Does Capital One charge me for mobile banking?
- Capital One doesn't charge you for using mobile banking, but message and data rates may apply. Check with your mobile carrier.
- Can I use Mobile Banking to locate ATMs and banks?
Yes, if you are using the Capital One Mobile Banking app. Simply allow the app to use your current location, and the built-in GPS technology will locate ATMs and banks near you. You can also search by entering a ZIP code or address.
If you are accessing Mobile Banking via m.capitalone.com, it will depend on the device and mobile web browser being used. Some, like iPhone's® Safari browser configure GPS location settings automatically. This information will be relayed when browsing m.capitalone.com. For more information about this, please refer to your mobile device's GPS compatibility and Web browser settings.
- Do you have a list of Web browsers, by device, that your mobile banking Web site supports?
Yes! This chart outlines the specific mobile browsers by version supported by Capital One mobile banking at m.capitalone.com.
Supported Browsers Browsers Device Platform OS Versions Safari iPhone 3.0 and above Android Android 2.3 and above BlackBerry WebKit BlackBerry 6.0 and above BlackBerry Native BlackBerry v4.6 to v5.0 Opera Mini (v5.0) iPhone, Symbian, BlackBerry
If your browser or device is not currently listed—we do support any other phones which are WAP 2.0 compliant. Capital One is constantly updating our technology to meet all of our customers' mobile banking needs.