No Hassle Miles Questions
- How can I review and redeem my rewards—or get help if I have questions?
If you are already a Capital One rewards credit card customer, you can access your rewards information online anytime by signing in to your account, or call our Rewards Center toll free at 1-800-228-3001, Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. to midnight ET, and Saturday-Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. ET.
- How can I redeem my miles for air travel?
There are two ways to redeem your miles for air travel. You can purchase your tickets and then contact us to redeem your miles for your air travel. Alternatively, you can contact our Rewards Center toll-free at 1-800-228-3001, Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. to midnight ET, and Saturday-Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. ET, to purchase your ticket(s) and redeem your miles.
- Can airline tickets be booked in someone else's name using my miles?
Yes, you can purchase tickets in anyone's name. For security purposes, we send all tickets to the billing address on your account.
- How far in advance can I book airline tickets?
As long as you have enough miles in your account, you can book your airline tickets up to ten months in advance.
- What types of purchases qualify for miles?
Rewards will be earned on annual net purchases (not including purchase checks, purchase credits, travelers' check purchases, cash advances, access checks, and cash equivalent transactions).
- If I don't pay my credit card bill in full every month, will I still earn rewards?
Rewards are accrued as a result of new, qualified purchases on your card each month, so, as long as you pay the monthly minimum by the due date, you will accumulate rewards.
- Are there any limits to the miles I can earn?
No, there are no limits to the miles you can earn.
- Will the miles I earn with this credit card ever expire?
Your rewards are yours for the life of the account—they will not expire. But if your account is closed, you will lose any rewards you have not redeemed.
- Can I redeem the miles I earn for something other than travel?
Absolutely! You can redeem your miles for cash, gift cards, brand-name merchandise, and more! Redemption rates for these options vary and are subject to change without notice.
- When can I start redeeming?
Rewards are available for redemption once they are posted to your account, determined by your program rules.
- Can I redeem a portion of my No Hassle Rewards and keep adding to the remaining balance?
Yes, you can redeem any or all of your available rewards whenever you'd like, provided your account is open and in good standing.
General Credit Card Questions
Applying for a Credit Card
- What information does Capital One® require when I apply for a credit card?
You'll need to provide personal information, including your:
- Full name
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Physical address (No P.O. Box)
- Estimated gross annual income
- Why do you need my personal information for my credit card application?
We need your personal information for two reasons:
- Federal law requires us to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. As a result, your personal information is required and used for identification purposes.
- We use your personal information, like Social Security number, to pull your credit bureau data, which in turn is used with other information like annual income in processing your application.
- Can I use my private mailbox to apply (PO Box/CMRA - Commercial Mail Receiving Agency)?
Unfortunately, under federal law a physical address is required to process your application. You can always change your address to a private mailbox such as a PO Box or Commercial Mail Receiving Agency once your account is opened. We'll also keep your physical address on file.
- Will my application be declined if I don't use a physical address?
You can continue your application using a private mailbox like a P.O. Box or Commercial Mail Receiving Agency, but we'll have to contact you for a physical address before processing your application. This could mean waiting an additional 2 weeks to get your card.
However, once the account is opened, you can always change your mailing address to that of your choice. We'll also keep your physical address on file.
- Do I need to complete all the information on my credit card application?
We will try to process your application without all of the requested information, but you may experience delays or even be adversely affected by the omission of information.
- Can I apply for a credit card with a co-applicant?
- No, we do not offer the option for co-applicants at this time, but you may add an authorized user after your account is opened.
- Will I get an instant decision when I apply online for a credit card?
Capital One will attempt to provide a decision in 60 seconds or less. However, in some cases we need to collect additional information to make a decision.
- I received a session expired message. What does this mean?
This means there has been no activity on your application page for 20 minutes, and, for security reasons, your application session has been terminated. If you receive the session expired message, please start another application.
- Do you share the contact information on my credit card application with other companies?
Capital One takes our commitment to protecting your privacy seriously. Please see our Customer Privacy and Opt Out Notice for more information.
Note: This notice applies only to consumers and not business or commercial customers.
- How do I transfer a balance?
You can request a balance transfer after you've been approved and have received your card. You can then call our customer service department or sign in to your account.
- What types of balances can I transfer?
You can transfer balances from other credit cards, personal loans, student loans, and auto loans. You will not be able to transfer a balance from another account issued or acquired by Capital One or any of its affiliates or subsidiaries.
- What information will I need to transfer a balance?
You will need the name of the other creditor, account number, and amount you want to transfer.
- How long does it take for a transferred balance to post to the account I have with the other creditor?
If your balance transfer request is approved, payment will be sent to your creditors within 10 business days. Please allow 10 days for mailing time. Continue to make payments to creditors until you confirm that they have received the transferred payment.
- Will my transferred account close automatically?
Your other account will not close automatically, even if it is paid in full. You will need to call your other creditor to request that they close your account.
- How can I find out the status of my credit card application?
If you apply by phone or online, you will often get a response in 60 seconds. However, in some cases we need to collect additional information to make a decision.
You can check the status of your application anytime by calling 1-800-625-7866. We will notify you in writing of our decision within 7-10 days of your application.
- When will I receive my new credit card?
- If you're approved, you'll receive your Capital One card, credit limit information, and welcome materials by mail within 7-10 business days.
- What will my credit limit be?
Upon approval, we will further evaluate your application and determine what your credit limit is. We'll send written notification of your credit limit amount within 7-10 business days from the day you apply.
- How can I report a lost or stolen credit card?
Report a lost or stolen card by calling 1-800-955-7070.
- What will my rate be?
Please see the Rates & Disclosures page for term information. If the card you've applied for has a range of rates listed, you'll receive the lowest rate for which you qualify based on your creditworthiness.
- When will I find out my rate?
If you are approved, your rate will be provided to you in writing within 7-10 days.
- Can I add someone to my credit card account?
Yes. Simply call the number on the back of your card. Please note that to add an authorized user to your account, you must be the primary cardholder, secondary cardholder, authorized signatory/company officer, or additional business owner.
- Can I manage my credit card account online?
Yes. You will be able to enroll in our Online Banking service to do all of the following and more:
- Pay your credit card bill
- Stop paper clutter by enrolling in online statements
- Link multiple Capital One credit cards
- Redeem your rewards
- View recent transactions
- Check your balance
- Send a secure message
- Dispute a charge
- Will Capital One charge me a fee if I use my credit card overseas?
- Capital One does not charge a fee for using your credit card for foreign currency transactions. Foreign purchases will be converted at the foreign exchange rate in effect at the time of processing the charge.
- Who do I contact about traveling out of the country?
Before you travel, contact us at 1-800-955-7070. Please have the following information handy:
- Credit card number
- Travel destination
- Travel start and end dates
If you encounter any problems with your account while traveling within the United States, please call the phone number on the back of your card. If you encounter any problems with your account while traveling outside of the United States, please contact us at our international collect telephone number, 1-800-955-7070. Please note, be sure to follow the policies for outbound dialing in the country where you are traveling; you will need to place a collect call through an operator, and Capital One will accept the charges.
- How do you apply my payments?
We apply your minimum payment to lower rate balances before higher rate ones. We apply any portion of your payment in excess of your minimum payment to higher rate balances before lower rate ones. If your payment exceeds the minimum payment by an amount sufficient to pay a higher rate balance shown on your statement, you still may have a balance at that higher rate on your next statement as a result of transactions, interest, or fees charged to your account before your payment was credited. For example, if your monthly statement shows a $1,000 balance for cash advances, sending in a check for $1,000 plus your minimum payment amount may not bring your cash advance balance to $0. This is because interest continues to accrue on the $1,000 balance between the last day of the statement and the date we receive your payment, but the interest does not post to your account until the next statement.
Card at-a-glanceApply Now
|Rewards||Unlimited 2 miles per dollar on every purchase
One-time bonus of 40,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months
|Purchase APR||13.9%-20.9% variable APR|
|Transfer Info||13.9%-20.9% variable APR; No Transfer Fee|
|Annual Fee||$0 intro for the first year; $59 after that|
|Additional||Rates & Disclosures|
See Your Credit Score and More for Free
With our free Credit Tracker tool, you can check your credit score as often as you like, see how everyday decisions can impact it, and get alerts.
Skip The Annual Fee
Looking for a great
rewards card without an
annual fee? Check out
our VentureOne® card.
No Foreign Transaction Fees
Pack your Capital One card when you
travel abroad and enjoy no foreign
Get A Card As Unique As You Are
Express yourself with your Capital One credit card. Use Image Card to upload one of your favorite pictures or choose from one of ours. It's fast, easy and free!
See If You're Pre-Qualified For A Card
- Your credit score is not affected
- See your offers in 60 seconds
- Find the right card now