Get answers to all your Spark® questions
Spark Miles Questions
- Do I have to shop at certain places to earn 2X miles with this business credit card?
No! You'll earn 2X miles on all of your purchases—no matter where you shop or what you buy.
- How do I get the one-time bonus of 25,000 miles?
With this card, new account holders earn the 25,000 bonus miles after spending $5,000 on purchases within the first 3 months.
- How do I get the bonus for adding employee cards?
If you sign up for one or more employee cards within the first 60 days of being a cardholder, you'll earn 5,000 bonus miles. In addition, you'll earn 2X miles on all the purchases your employees make with those cards.
General Miles Rewards Questions
- Can I redeem the miles I earn with my business credit card for something other than travel?
Absolutely! You can redeem your miles for cash, gift cards, and more! Redemption rates for these options vary and are subject to change without notice.
- How do I redeem my miles for air travel that I earn with my business credit card?
It's easy. Here's how it works:
- Book your travel. Use your card to buy your tickets from ANY Web site or travel agency.
- Redeem your miles. Call us or go online to redeem your miles and get reimbursed for your purchase.
- Receive a statement credit. Your account will be credited for your purchase. Or, if you prefer, you can call our Rewards Center directly to purchase your ticket(s) and redeem your miles.
- Will the miles I earn with this credit card ever expire?
Your rewards are yours for the life of the account—they will not expire. But if your account is closed, you will lose any rewards you have not redeemed.
- What is the maximum amount of miles I can earn with my business credit card?
There is no limit to the miles you can earn!
General Business Credit Card Questions
- What do you mean by Tax ID Number (TIN) or Employer ID Number (EIN)?
To be tax compliant, nearly every registered U.S. business must be assigned this nine-digit number by the IRS. It’s like a Social Security Number for a business.
- How can I contact Capital One® about my credit card application?
If you have questions about an application that you’ve already submitted, please call 1-800-903-9177 to speak with a business credit card specialist.
- How quickly can I expect to get my credit card?
Upon approval, you should receive your card within 10 business days.
- Can I change my payment due date?
Yes. After your account is open, you can call Customer Relations to request a different payment due date.
- How do I transfer a balance from another account to my Capital One account?
After your account is open, you can call Customer Relations to transfer balances any time.
- What other benefits does this card offer my business?
All of our cards come packed with business management tools designed to make your life easier. You'll get a Year-End Summary to help you track expenses by category, $0 Fraud Liability if your card is ever lost or stolen and employee cards upon your request at no additional cost. And that's just the beginning! Check out the full list of business benefits here.
- Can I apply by phone?
You can apply online or by calling 1-866-390-5934.
Or, if you received an offer in the mail, you can apply by calling the phone number listed on your letter, online or by mail. Please reference the Reservation Number and Access Code listed on your letter.
- What information will you need to know when I apply?
We’ll need to know some basic personal information, along with some information about your business—including your business’ total annual revenue and your business Tax ID Number or Employer ID Number.
- How do you apply my payments?
We apply your minimum payment to lower rate balances before higher rate ones. We apply any portion of your payment in excess of your minimum payment to higher rate balances before lower rate ones. If your payment exceeds the minimum payment by an amount sufficient to pay a higher rate balance shown on your statement, you still may have a balance at that higher rate on your next statement as a result of transactions, interest, or fees charged to your account before your payment was credited. For example, if your monthly statement shows a $1,000 balance for cash advances, sending in a check for $1,000 plus your minimum payment amount may not bring your cash advance balance to $0. This is because interest continues to accrue on the $1,000 balance between the last day of the statement and the date we receive your payment, but the interest does not post to your account until the next statement.
- Rack up miles—earn an unlimited 2x miles on every purchase, every day, for your business.
- Get a little extra—with the opportunity to earn 30,000 bonus miles.
- Redeeming is easy—fly free on any airline, anytime, with no blackout dates or seat restrictions.